In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Going fishing

2-barrel2-barrel Member Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited January 2007 in The Fishing Hole!
Well their isn't any ice here where I live in wisconsin so wednesday or thursday I am taking my canoe and going bass fishing. This is the canoes 37th year and has never been launched in January.
I might try for some bluegils too. I will let you know how bad I get skunked.

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    Looks like my fishing plans are out. My car broke down coming out of madison yesterday. Going car shopping instead of fishing. The new year isn't starting out good. [}:)]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I made it to the lake today. Not one bit of ice anywhere.Put the canoe in and fished for about 3 hrs. One 24 inch northern and one 13 inch bass.
    Both to short to keep here in wisconsin. Jan.5th and the water is wide open. I seen cranes geese but no ducks. Well I had a good time anyway.
  • Options
    fasttackfasttack Member Posts: 81 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Glad to see you made it out. Going to a gun show early sat, hope to make my canoe wet around noonish. Going to be almost 70 here in the northwest? WTH is going on with the weather?
  • Options
    fasttackfasttack Member Posts: 81 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I meant northeast!!
  • Options
    Huntingnerd33Huntingnerd33 Member Posts: 1,636 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sounds like fun, we've got ice covering most of the water, but it's not nearly thick enough to ice fish. Basically no fishing is going to be happening for awhile. [:(] We've had 3 snow storms in as many weeks, but it hasn't stayed cold enough for the ice to thicken.[V]
  • Options
    REX6666REX6666 Member Posts: 188 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    any one been to Jamacia latly, going Feb. 10, was wondering about the fishing, where and how, and cost
  • Options
    REX6666REX6666 Member Posts: 188 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    sorry guys put this in the wrong place, new at this, and never have been acused of being smart.
  • Options
    zacgzacg Member Posts: 90 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Well what kind of car did you get 2-barrel?
    [:)]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by zacg
    Well what kind of car did you get 2-barrel?
    [:)]
    Well I ended up with a truck. Fixed the car and now I'm broke.