In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Renegade worms

callktulucallktulu Member Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
edited March 2009 in The Fishing Hole!
I can't find them anywhere anymore. Their motor oil-colored worms were like bass magnets, but now none of my local stores stock them. And the only place I can find them (in the wrong color) is eBay. How come they don't sell online? I can't even find a website for the company, or any sporting website that sells them.

What's the deal? Did they go bankrupt or something? It's like they've fallen off the face of the earth!

Comments

• callktulucallktulu Member Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Lots of web research and a phone call later, I've discovered that they're no longer Renegade, but Luck "E" Strike worms. Same worms, but different name and packaging. Look for a yellow package, still at Wal Mart.
  • VinhlongVet71VinhlongVet71 Member Posts: 4,605
    edited November -1
    You can go to www.barlowstackle.com and get the stuff to make your
    own fishing lures & plastic wormsquote:Originally posted by callktulu
    I can't find them anywhere anymore. Their motor oil-colored worms were like bass magnets, but now none of my local stores stock them. And the only place I can find them (in the wrong color) is eBay. How come they don't sell online? I can't even find a website for the company, or any sporting website that sells them.

What's the deal? Did they go bankrupt or something? It's like they've fallen off the face of the earth!
    edited November -1
    Heck no! Way to much effort, especially when a bag of my favorite worms is $1.16 at Wal Mart.[8D]
    edited November -1
    Yeah, but how is your local walmarts at keeping a supply of the type
    of lure that your looking for? Its been my experience that sometimes
    they got it and sometimes they don't.
    edited November -1
    Now that Ive found that the name is Luck "E" Strike and not Renegade, and I know what to look for, it should be OK. I only buy one type of rubber worm, and that's the 4" Motor Oil twirl tail. I go through maybe 4 bags in a season; I just fish in my back yard.

If I were a serious angler, making my own my be something I'd try, especially if I could do it with my sons as "bonding" time. But it's not worth it w/Wal Mart right around the corner.

:)
    edited November -1
    I used the pumkin seed worms on lake lanier when I lived up there.
    they are very similar to the motor oil worms... your right,, they are bass magnets.. I did real good with em.

Where are you in Georgia? I fish in my backyard also. I'm down the
    road from Greensboro in a little place called Siloam, Ga
    edited November -1
    edited November -1
    The color looks more like transmission fluid than motor oil,,, lol
    I don't care, as long as they bite it, I'll fish with it.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by VinhlongVet71
    Where are you in Georgia? I fish in my backyard also. I'm down the
    road from Greensboro in a little place called Siloam, Ga

I'm in the Warner Robins area, right in the center of the state. I'm extremely blessed that we have a great neighborhood with several ponds, and we landed a house on one of them. Although it's extremely small, probably less than a acre, it still gives us lots of bass, bream, and carp. I think there may be catfish, as well, but we only fish for the bass. Occasionally a bream will go after a small spinner, but we don't fish for them.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by VinhlongVet71
    The color looks more like transmission fluid than motor oil,,, lol
    I don't care, as long as they bite it, I'll fish with it.

Indeed. And in the sun, they have a green color, as well. All I know is no other worm exactly matches the color, but our bass suck them up like....worms.[:p]
  • shoff14shoff14 Member Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Here's a website for you guys.

http://www.tacklewarehouse.com/

There is a zoom worm that is very similar in color as the one in the picture.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by shoff14
    Here's a website for you guys.

http://www.tacklewarehouse.com/

There is a zoom worm that is very similar in color as the one in the picture.

I've never had much success with Zoom worms. Not only that, but they fall apart so easily after a strike. For being inexpensive, the Renegade/Luck "E" Strike worms stay together much longer.