In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Lost one ___

peabopeabo Member Posts: 3,098
edited February 2006 in The Fishing Hole!
Yesterday, I hooked a large Bass. It had to be 8 lbs. or better.
I file down all the barbs on my hooks so there is less chance of injuring a fish so I can release him unharmed. This causes me to lose some fish, but that is O.K. --- except for yesterday !! Wish I had not done it. It made one jump and shook out the hook! [:(]

Thanks---Peabo

Comments

• COLTCOLT Member Posts: 12,637 ******
    edited November -1
    ...[:0]
    That bites. I do a lot of catch and release...[note: first word is "catch" [:D]] Hard enough for me to catch with barbs.
    Good luck on the next one...[;)]

...At least you have time to go! Ah, wouldn't matter if I had the time, it's 40+ winds...low chill factor. Heck, the cold weather is the only reason I'm not busy right now, so won't complain...[;)]

Lure.gif

ani-texas-flag.gif
  • DaBowMan18DaBowMan18 Member Posts: 2,962
    edited November -1
    [:0][:0][B)][B)][:(][:(]sorry to hear that[:(]
  • MOMMASBOYMOMMASBOY Member Posts: 290 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    BOY THESE GUY THAT LIVE IN FLORIDA AND CAN FISH ALL TIME. LUCK HUH HATE TO HEAR YOU LOST A GOOD ONE. THERE ARE A LOT MORE DOWN THERE. HEY THATS WHAT MAKES FISHING SO GREAT. WIN SOME LOSE SOME. I PRACTICE CATCH AND RELEASE BUT I DONT FILE OFF ANY BARBS. I DONT EVER REMEMBER HURTING ONE BAD ENOUGH FOR IT TO DIE. BETTER LUCK NEXT TIME.