In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Bandit Crankbaits

ETECMANETECMAN Member Posts: 33 ✭✭
edited April 2006 in The Fishing Hole!
Anybody use the new Bandit Crankbait in the color called MadCow? Tried it last weekend and caught 4 bass in about 20 minutes on the bait. Super little bait I thing in the 200 series. Anyone else try it yet?

Comments

• shoff14shoff14 Member Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    got a pictures? I bought a badit learn last week, fished it today but there wasn't anything biting. I bought something similar to a shad rap in a largemouth color.
  • COLTCOLT Member Posts: 12,637 ******
    edited November -1
    ...man, my tackle box is maxed out, no room, well maybe room for some more if I cull some[:D]

...shoff I have one shadrap, a floater...that runs shallow, and is beat all to hell from all the fish...it's a natural shad color...have looked EVERYWHERE...and can't find another just like it. Damn, I hold my breath everytime I chunk it, afraid I'll hang it up and loose it...but it still produces great. Hey, if your not chunkin in the middle of wads of stumps, brush, limbs, you ain't fishing where the fish are...man, Ive fished with people that AVOID throwing baits into a tangle of stuff, "worried" they'll loose it! ...or if they hook one....they "may" loose it in the brush!duh [:D] ...better to have loved and lost, than to never have loved at all...[:p]

Lure.gif

ani-texas-flag.gif
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Bloviator
    ...man, my tackle box is maxed out, no room, well maybe room for some more if I cull some[:D]

...shoff I have one shadrap, a floater...that runs shallow, and is beat all to hell from all the fish...it's a natural shad color...have looked EVERYWHERE...and can't find another just like it. Damn, I hold my breath everytime I chunk it, afraid I'll hang it up and loose it...but it still produces great. Hey, if your not chunkin in the middle of wads of stumps, brush, limbs, you ain't fishing where the fish are...man, Ive fished with people that AVOID throwing baits into a tangle of stuff, "worried" they'll loose it! ...or if they hook one....they "may" loose it in the brush!duh [:D] ...better to have loved and lost, than to never have loved at all...[:p]

well if i get the chance to fish a lake.... instead of these over fished ponds. I am going home in a week, i will be going fishing on a nice no motor lake that has produced some fish for me.
  • peabopeabo Member Posts: 3,098
    edited November -1
    Originally posted by Bloviator
    ... Damn, I hold my breath everytime I chunk it, afraid I'll hang it up and loose it...

If you didn't fish from trees, you wouldn't have to worry about that !

Thanks---Peabo
    edited November -1
    ...a bad cast...[B)]but I STILL hooked the fish...and got it to the boat!...[:D]

Lure_3.gif

ani-texas-flag.gif
  • beaglebeagle Member Posts: 188 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Anybody every use one of those fat free shad that Bill Dance promotes?
    I had one and broke it off on a huge bass. At the time only Bass Pro had them. Wal-Mart has them now and I have caught more big fish off of this bait than anything I have ever used.
    The bait has a weird humming noise to its rattles and it must drive bass wild. It also has one of the best shad colors; and those excaliber hooks are very sharp.
    Anyway, they cost a little less than five bucks at Wal-Mart and I have plenty of them now.
    edited November -1
    Just jerking your line.[:D]
    That will teach them not to hide behind trees !!

Beagle, yes, I did, and caught a lot of bass on them too.

Thanks---Peabo
    edited November -1
    ...a what??? NOTE TO SELF: Must make room in tackle box!

...what the hell is the name of it, fat free shad? Crank bait? Trap style bait? Top Water?...what, what?...help....[:p]

ani-texas-flag.gif
    edited November -1
    Fat free shad
    MVC-547S.jpg
    Fat free fingerling
    MVC-545S.jpg

and my favorite color=== gets lots of fish, as you can tell by condition of it.!![:D]

MVC-546S.jpg

Thanks---Peabo
    edited November -1
    ...Thanks peabo, hell,...I have the crawfish looking one and the perch colored one...but their not the fat free...I don't think, crap, I have W-a-y too many baits and crap...I just found some baits in my box...I have not seen, or used in who knows...[:0][:D]

Lure_3.gif

ani-texas-flag.gif
  • beaglebeagle Member Posts: 188 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yea, Peabo, thats it. The 1/2 oz. like the one on the top is the one I caught alot of fish on. Also the chartruse, I can't spell, like the one in the middle. I tried the big ones that were around three inches long and have never even had a bite on one. I guess the fish don't want that big of bait?
    edited November -1
    beagle quote:I guess the fish don't want that big of bait?

...If you listen to the "experts", BIG bait= Big fish. Ive had mixed results, catch a lot of 4-6" bass...on 4-6" topwaters, baits as big as them...[:D]

...Chunked a lot of 10-12" worms, other BIG plastic baits...and never caught BIG fish on 'em. Castaic(?) and others make some BIG...and exspensive baits. A friend of mine bought this monster, half soft plastic, half hard plastic bait...that had to weigh 6-8 ozs ([:0])..and was a foot long![:D]Over $60 bucks...[:D], if he hangs it up, he pizzes himself till he can get it loose...and has yet to catch a single fish on it. When it hits the water, sounds like someone fell out of the boat...it always gets me smilling when he ties that ugly monster on...[:D]

...Hey beagle, about spelling...read my sig line...[:D]

ani-texas-flag.gif
    edited November -1
    you guys need to post your favoritet crankbaits, cause I am still learning these things.
    edited November -1
    is everyone fishing?
    edited November -1
    Must be !! I'll be glad when they get back and post some pictures![:p]

Thanks---Peabo