In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

hey look... a PAINTBALL topic!!

PATBUZZARDPATBUZZARD Member Posts: 3,556
edited November 2005 in The Fishing Hole!
OK, in the interest of encouraging paintball related topics. Identify the make and model of this marker:

00069647.jpg

00023904.jpg
"DEATH BEFORE DISMOUNT!!"

"It's all about shot placement..."

Comments

• Slash0311Slash0311 Member Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It looks a little older and has some home mods on it. (front grip) It looks fimilar but I can't put my finger on it right now.

waco.gif

When in doubt, unload the clip, Semper Fi
  • PATBUZZARDPATBUZZARD Member Posts: 3,556
    edited November -1
    You've got some of it right. This is indeed a customized marker. My buddy used it for a couple years, did some milling, added .45 grips(2) and did his own ano. Keep guessing.

00023904.jpg

• MN HunterMN Hunter Member Posts: 2,299 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    i wish pics would load for me [:(][:(] id get it for sure [;)]

24_emblem.jpg

"Not many like us, in fact very few, and most of them are dead" LtCol Pratt - USMC
    edited November -1
    Ok, here's a clue. This marker was made by Sheridan. It was the first mass produced marker to operate off of a C02 tank.

00023904.jpg
    00069663.jpg
    edited November -1
    The Brass Eagle Rainmaker... It is a decent full auto gun. I have a buddy that used to combine them with autococker parts to make a "Rain-Cocker"
  • wolf13wolf13 Member Posts: 7 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    pmi-3 or its successor the vm-68, looks like an actual pmi, but not 100% sure (not my expertise). As far as the walmart gun goes, it was indeed a rainmaker. They were based on the vector design with electronic components. Theres always been some debate that BE stole some of the electronics form the angel v-6 and was the reason BE lost the rights to distribute WDP's angel in the states. (early ads call the angel the Brass Eagle Angel though they were only distributors).
    edited November -1
    Wolf13 Has it right!! it's a VM-68. My buddy moddedd the hell out of it and named it, "Sarge."

00023904.jpg
    00069663.jpg
  • yoshmysteryoshmyster Member Posts: 20,979 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Damn haven't seen one of those in years. Only marker I know that has recoil from the "chingus" banging away. Look it even has an Armson barrel. I remember back in the day I knew a guy had the VM Magnum with two bottle rig with the "whaler" and a Taso silencer (remember this "Silence is Golden"). Not with a VM all that changing didn't make much of a difference what the muzzle burp sounded like, since the action was so much louder. Damn thing looked more like an anti aircraft weapon (and weighed about the same). This was in the days of "Bushballs" humping with a 30 pound cinder block (that boy took lots of breaks[:D]) in the woods and not some hopper ball on level field.

I should put my first semi up here and let y'alls take guesses (about the same age as the VM).
  • Renegade__AzzyRenegade__Azzy Member Posts: 10 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I think the whole history of that gun is lurking on www.vm68.com , the fellow who runs it Chris is a good guy, and very helpful.

We run a fleet of about 40 of those at our field as rentals, it takes a lot to stop a VM.