In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

HOW TOget rid of LILLY PADS

hawkeye904907hawkeye904907 Member Posts: 186 ✭✭
edited October 2008 in The Fishing Hole!
OH i forgot the pond was full of lilly pads no cat tails but plenty of lilly pads and my friend asked me if i could find out the best way to rid them!!! if anyone knows let me know thanks again.

Comments

• Options
    BOBBYWINSBOBBYWINS Member Posts: 7,810
    edited November -1
    Years ago,a buddy had the same problem.He got some kind of pellets from the feed store(I think) that worked pretty good.I don't remember what they were called,but I'd bet if you went by the local feedstore they could prolly help ya.[;)]

I've also known folks to use Round Up on lilly pads.Only small areas at a time,however,because it could hurt the fish.

BW
  • Options
    asopasop Member Posts: 8,910 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    A Moose works well!
  • Options
    iwannausernameiwannausername Member Posts: 7,131
    edited November -1
    On a very small pond (1/4 acre) I've used a drag chain and a tractor... rips a lot up by the roots. Then hand collect. I've also just waded in and got teh ones the chain didn't. Keeps 'em down for about 2 years, but they do grow back.

I'd check wtih your local ag department or adviser. Maybe even a local university if they have a ag management or fish management program.
  • Options
    dipitsdipits Member Posts: 1,636 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    May be too late this year ( due to temp ) I have used 2-4D to get rid of them and did not hurt the fish.
  • Options
    hawkeye904907hawkeye904907 Member Posts: 186 ✭✭
    edited November -1
  • Options
    mousemouse Member Posts: 3,624
    edited November -1
    Why not sell them on e-bay. All the people in the midwest have
    little goldfish ponds in the summers, and they look to buy them.[:)]