In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Federal Salt Water Licensing

wpagewpage Member Posts: 10,204 ✭✭✭
edited February 2010 in The Fishing Hole!
The Gov is starting a registration program for all salt water fisherman.
Gee I wonder what they will do next?

Comments

• gary wraygary wray Member Posts: 4,663
    edited November -1
    wpage....just another example of our gov't trying to take a tour through our pocketbooks. Actually I would not have much of a problem with it if I could be assured the the $ collected would go back to programs to benefit salt water sportsmen. But since you can only trust them as far as you can throw a Hopkins lure, I doubt if that would be the case. From time to time here in DE we hear of such talk, but usually it is short lived. But we live in trying economic times so I wouldn't put anything past our elected officials to try to get more $. Our little state is peeking under every rock to find excess $ so it just might be a matter of time before this idea might take hold....I certainly hope not! Good fishing (if the blizzard would stop!)
  • dcso3009dcso3009 Member Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I think it is happening everywhere. This year for the first time we had govt regs in Mexico. There it was not a big deal, but the military checked you in and out each day. Our captain had an issue after we left. There was no one at the dock checking boats out early in the AM, but he got in a lot of trouble in the afternoon because he had not signed out for the day. I saw this as a good thing... A good way to stop drugs from coming in on a boat.
  • BeeramidBeeramid Member, Moderator Posts: 7,264 ******
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by dcso3009
    I think it is happening everywhere. This year for the first time we had govt regs in Mexico. There it was not a big deal, but the military checked you in and out each day. Our captain had an issue after we left. There was no one at the dock checking boats out early in the AM, but he got in a lot of trouble in the afternoon because he had not signed out for the day. I saw this as a good thing... A good way to stop drugs from coming in on a boat.

Kinda like gun control, punish the law abiding, miss the criminals.[:(]

See it that way if you must, but when all was found to be legit they cut him loose.
  • wpagewpage Member Posts: 10,204 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Next is State salt water lic. Then they start with more silly rules and regs till it becomes like hunting and fresh water fishing.
    You need a lawyer to explain it all.