In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Paintball Possibilities

mowartmowart Member Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited October 2005 in The Fishing Hole!
What is the caliber of a paint ball? Can it be fired in a muzzleloader and stay intact? (The impact pattern of a 1000 fps paintball would be interesting and possibly lethal,)

Also can you hand load paintballs? I was thinking of beer, bourbon, etc (Would make getting hit more fun.)

Comments

• rldowns3rldowns3 Member Posts: 6,096
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by mowart

What is the caliber of a paint ball? Can it be fired in a muzzleloader and stay intact? (The impact pattern of a 1000 fps paintball would be interesting and possibly lethal,)

Also can you hand load paintballs? I was thinking of beer, bourbon, etc (Would make getting hit more fun.)

The heat and pressure would destroy the paintball even before it left the barrel.

The standard caliber for a Paintball is .68. No it cannot be fired from a muzzleloader, the initial launch is enough to blow it. You could try they're only filled with paint and soap, and are washable.
    When I used to play Paintball, I built a standard potato gun, put a sling on it and fired zip-lock baggies full of paintballs in front of some sort of wadding. Kinda like a paint-shotgun.

"Better to carry a pistol and not need it than need a pistol and not have it." - Me

http://www.diamondbacktactical.com/

EMCFRtn.jpgEMT.jpg
    Half of the lives they tell about me aren't true.
  • MVPMVP Member Posts: 25,074
    edited November -1
    I would imagine that if the ram rod didn't break the ball while loading the rifling would really mess it up.

ALL AMERICAN INFIDEL
  • sabb0007sabb0007 Member Posts: 755 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    There are not filled with soap, if they were they would not be water soluble. Some type of die is added to a glucose and water mixture. As for handloading - I have never tried it, but theoetically you could just use 2 hypodermic needles - one sucking and one pushing in at the same time (so the casing does not crack or come apart), The casing would probably be structurally weak but if you shoot at a much lover fps or add a little glue to the holes I think it would be fine. Now you can spray your best friend with actual liquid crap.
  • whitedemon89@yahoo.comwhitedemon89@yahoo.com Member Posts: 4 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    what in the world would an "AMROR PEIRCING paintball be????
    while that is the stupidest thing i have ever heard, i know that some people have modified a paintball gun to shoot marbles. Why would you need or want an armor peircing paintball? Your a frigin'idiot
  • duckyducky Member Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by whitedemon89@yahoo.com
    Why would you need or want an armor peircing paintball?

Well, for the revolution, for starters. When they take your real guns and all you're left with is paintball guns, you need to be able to still be deadly lethal in order to attack the invaders or tyrants (or ET for that matter), and armor piercing paintballs would be the optimal choice. Also, armor piercing paintballs would be a great option for breaking through fortified positions on the paintball battlefield. Imagine how unstoppable you'd be when firing 200 armor piercing paintballs per second at your enemy's particle board pillbox?! You would be the paintball king in no time if you had armor piercing paintballs!
  • InvictaInvicta Member Posts: 262 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    paintballs are pretty fragile, if you throw on against the ground hard it will break. most paintball guns shoot about 250-300 fps, anything higher and the balls will break in the barrel.