In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

what is the biggest fish you ever caught

jackson231jackson231 Member Posts: 250 ✭✭✭
edited June 2006 in The Fishing Hole!
mine is like 4 or 5 pound catfish

Comments

• shoff14shoff14 Member Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    well i caught a 14-15 pound carp once, the damn thing about took my 5' pole into the water....

My favorite large fish has to be the white blue catfish I caught that was 34.5 inches long. What a beautiful fish.

Besides that I have caught the average 15 pound bass every year for years and the 15 pound saugeye, and 25 pound walleye along with a 3 pound bluegill and a 5 pound crappie. [:D]
  • COLTCOLT Member Posts: 12,637 ******
    edited November -1
    ...a whale shark, a little over 60' long and weighed over 3 tons.
    I caught him on a Zebco 33, spooled with 6 lb line,,,,took me over 10 min. to get hin into the net. Was a * getting him on a stringer,a nd cleaning it was a real bummer...[:D]

Lure_3.gif

ani-texas-flag.gif
  • tazzertazzer Member Posts: 16,837
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Bloviator
    I caught him on a Zebco 33, spooled with 6 lb line,,,,took me over 10 min. to get hin into the net. Was a * getting him on a stringer,a nd cleaning it was a real bummer...[:D]

Lure_3.gif

ani-texas-flag.gif
    [:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D]
  • tazzertazzer Member Posts: 16,837
    edited November -1
    would be a carp also a 13lb with a ultra light rig what fun it was [:D][:D][:D][:D]
  • iwannausernameiwannausername Member Posts: 7,131
    edited November -1
    9lb bass on a ultralight rig (6lb spiderwire, mini floating lizzard, #8 panfish hook)
  • DaBowMan18DaBowMan18 Member Posts: 2,962
    edited November -1
    21 pound king salmon
  • elkoholicelkoholic Member Posts: 5,130
    edited November -1
    saltwater:40 lb dorado
    freshwater: 13 lb carp
  • remington nutremington nut Member Posts: 961 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Largemought bass.... 10+ my biggest that i've weighed was 9lbs my buddy caught a 9lb 5oz and the 10 pounder was welll bigger than either of them
  • willdallas2006willdallas2006 Member Posts: 285 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Bloviator

Lure_3.gif

ani-texas-flag.gif
    only 60' long and 3 tons? thats what we use for bait here.......
  • dcso3009dcso3009 Member Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    largest fish I ever cought...
    Mexico06022.jpg
    best fight I ever had
    Mexico06178.jpg
  • kimikimi Member Posts: 44,723 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Mine was about 110 pounds. A halibut straight across from the harbor at Whitter, Alaska, in the magnificient Prince William Sound. I hooked and landed him about 1/4 mile from shore while drifting across a shelf in 275 feet of water. I'm still trying to beat my Dad's record catfish, though. Since he was an honest East Texan he had no problem swearing to me back in the 40s with an awestruck expression that it "knocked the river nine miles dry" before it got away.
    What's next?
  • CubsloverCubslover Member Posts: 18,601 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    6' 185lb Nurse Shark

In the Gulf of Mexico off the coast of Tarpon Springs.
    Half of the lives they tell about me aren't true.
  • jhimcojhimco Member Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Mine was a 45 pound sail fish. And I just caught a 25 inch walleye that weighed 4 1/2 pounds.
  • deadeye46deadeye46 Member Posts: 553 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    24lb 35" channel catfish with lightweight rig and 8lb Stren line."REEL" thrill,lol