In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

The classic debate: Autococker verus Automag

PATBUZZARDPATBUZZARD Member Posts: 3,556
edited October 2005 in The Fishing Hole!
Personally I'll go with the automag. The automag is a contemporary classic. When it was first introduced it was the bad boy on the block. Through continued upgrades, with an X valve it is still the most reliable, quickest shooting purely mechanical marker made.

00023904.jpg
"Gunner sabot tank! Identify! UP! Fire! ON THE WAY!!" <<boom>>

"It's all about shot placement..."
awcountdown_sm.gif

Comments

• Slash0311Slash0311 Member Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I did a ton of research on both when I was looking to upgrade. I ended up going with the Autococker. I hated that darn thing and called a local guru and he starte reading off a long list of "upgrades" that I could/should do. I saw that I was going to have well over a grand in my gun so I got rid of it and got a Tippmann 98 Custom with reponsive trigger. I'm a lot happier now too without having to drop a grand! I've never played with anyone who has an Automag and I've never had the chance to shoot one.

waco.gif

When in doubt, unload the clip, Semper Fi
  • MN HunterMN Hunter Member Posts: 2,299 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    i had a RT pro waayyyy back in the day. at the time i thought it was the greatest thing ever...UNTIL racegun (www.racegun.dk) came out with the 'race frame' ill never shoot anything besides a cocker with race frame....

24_emblem.jpg

"Not many like us, in fact very few, and most of them are dead" LtCol Pratt - USMC
  • yoshmysteryoshmyster Member Posts: 20,978 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Mag's are simple all around. Only one thing I don't like about my mag is the barrel has a lot of play since it's only held in place by the "Twist Lock". The cocker threaded bodies (like Micro/ULE and Z) are great improvements since there is no play.

As for the Cocker when they work it's great (Closed bolt like pumps). But it has so many moving parts that need to be "timed" reminded me more of a car than a marker. Then throw in the elctro's to the mix it's like putting in a fusion reactor in to already complex situation.
  • wolf13wolf13 Member Posts: 7 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Owned a few of both, left em both behind and ended up relizing that I had the most fun when I was playing with autocockers so ended up collecting a few. I find I have less trouble with cockers then mags, mostly because I live by the simple rule- "don't fix whats not broken". Yes, i can dissassemble one in a few minutes and reassemble and time it with my eyes closed, but theres no reason for it if i keep em oiled and make sure the set screws are tight. I have a couple that are not far from being a decade without more then basic maintence and still shoot just fine. The curse of cockers is theres so much you can do, its hard not to try and do it. Mags are an excellent design, and much easier to work on starting out, I just kept having to replace seals. I still recocmend mags to a lot of begginners.