In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Hey DaBow..the KillDee killer!!

COLTCOLT Member Posts: 12,637 ******
edited March 2006 in The Fishing Hole!
...saw the pic of where you nailed those two killdees! You get'em before they "attacked" and tried to pluck your eyes out ?[:D]

...Killdees are very "family" oriented, close knit if you will. If you left any of their family alive, if you did not get 'em all, well, jus sleep with one eye open...and good luck, you'll need it...[:D]

ani-texas-flag.gif

Comments

• Options
    DaBowMan18DaBowMan18 Member Posts: 2,962
    edited November -1
    lol...o ya. that was a good day. i hate them birds. noisy and annoying is all they are. i'll be killin more in spring......[:D]
  • Options
    COLTCOLT Member Posts: 12,637 ******
    edited November -1
    DaBow, used to throw out some sweetfeed and bird seed about 75 yds. from one of my out buildings. I would set at a bench, open the window, and when the wind was blowing into my face about 20mph as it does sometimes comming across acres of open pasture, wait for the field larks to show up. Usually end up being a group of 15 or so.
    I'd use a single shot Rem 514 I bought when I was 17 and had completely redone, with a 4 X 12 scope on it, loaded with CCI Stinger HP's.You can still cover as many shots as you care to shoot at 50yds. with a dime, tackdriver!

...When I'd shoot, all you would see was a BUNCH of feathers puff up 3ft. and blow off into the wind...and the other birds just stop pecking around and look around a second...and start back eating. As long as they were 75 yds. off, with the wind blowing hard towards me, they never heard the shot, and stayed put....I could usually explode half a dozen or so before they got spooked. Sure was good target parctice!...then some group of little blue haired ladies got together in Austin and had them declared the state song bird or some such crap, so now you can't shoot 'em. I used to use them to practice my quail hunting too, thay fly up and out similar to quail, oh well...[:0][:(!][:D]

Lure_3.gif

ani-texas-flag.gif
  • Options
    DaBowMan18DaBowMan18 Member Posts: 2,962
    edited November -1
    sounds like fun...the bird i shot was about 5 yards away. I was hiding in a group of willows and i had my old relieable daisy red ryder. that bird never saw me. i shot it in the wing(using open sights[;)])and it ran around tring to fly away. It eventually died. First eve bird. now when spring come ill be ready for more of em', and chimpmunks too(and yes ill be usin my red ryder[:D][8D])