In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

New fishing Combo

2-barrel2-barrel Member Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited April 2006 in The Fishing Hole!
Ultra Lite Quantam SS10. I spooled it with 8lb. power pro line. one pound diamiter. I just had it out in the back yard trying it out. With a small split shot I could cast about 20 yards.( 60 ft ) maybe a little farther.
That is some pretty fine line for these old eyes. Now if the weather would just warm up I could take it fishing. You guessed it I have a bad case of cabin fever.
Ya I know bloviator I said I didn't like zebcos but this is a smooth little reel that I will only use for panfish and maybe trout. Heres the joke, line cost me almost as much as the pole and reel. $25.00 for the line $30.00 for the combo. I will let you know if it was worth it. [:D]

Comments

• Options
    COLTCOLT Member Posts: 12,637 ******
    edited November -1
    ...hey 2-barrel, the only Qauntum reel I have a little experience with is the one I got my daughter, and admittedly she does not use it all that much...but works great. Now for the closed faced metal Zebco's, I think they have 1 or 2 bbs, I guess they will never wear out. The one I have, I have had froever, never cleaned it and it keeps on working just fine. I would not trust it on a big bass, but for 2-3lb. catfish, and panfish, it's a dream...[:D]

Lure.gif

ani-texas-flag.gif
  • Options
    ETECMANETECMAN Member Posts: 33 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    That Power Pro is great. I use 40 or 50 pound on all my baitcaster reels for top water action. NO STRETCH! Great stuff. And you are right, it comes off a spinning outfit as good or better than most other braids.
  • Options
    2-barrel2-barrel Member Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Well I have used the little Ultra Lite Quantam SS10 and it is a pretty fair combo. The 8 lb Power Pro is awsome using light jigs for crappie. The 1 lb. diameter line(8lb.) really whips those jigs out their. You will feel every little nible on that line. I have caught 70 crappies a few bluegils and a few small bass on it.