In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Crappie

beaglebeagle Member Posts: 188 ✭✭✭
edited April 2006 in The Fishing Hole!
Anyone catching any crappie yet? I have been catching them in the very shallow cattails for the past few days. 12'' crappie rod and jigs with plastic bodies.

Comments

• COLTCOLT Member Posts: 12,637 ******
    edited November -1
    ...WHEN I go...I will find them. Seems they hang in 2-3 spots of structure...where I fish.

...I'm sure their up pretty shallow right now, as the lake is around 30 acres, and small bodies of water warm up faster than big bodies...cool down quicker too,...and are effected more by fronts too though.

...Bass are staged, (spawn twice a year here) trying to spawn, but the fronts keep confusing them. The crappie, the same...perch/bream will be next, then depending how quick it gets hot, the channel cat usually spawn in the lake around July.

Lure_3.gif

ani-texas-flag.gif
  • willdallas2006willdallas2006 Member Posts: 285 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I dont fish for crappie, but I have seen some really nice ones caught this year. Apperantly the crappie fishing has been really good here for the past several weeks. Maybe I need to get out on the water this weekend and see what i am missing.
  • MOMMASBOYMOMMASBOY Member Posts: 290 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    CAUGHT A FEW TABLEROCK 58 TO 60 DEGREES NOW
  • IAMAHUSKERIAMAHUSKER Member Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Went yesterday at the Lake of the Ozarks. Incredible, easy limit in an hour. Fantastic fishing. That was more fun then I have in a long while. Go now though. The big boats on the Lake are starting to show up. Going during the week is still good though.
  • tapwatertapwater Member Posts: 10,335 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Went out on Bull Shoals on Friday. Nobody was doing great, but we got four real nice ones. Couldn't get a bite until we broke with convention and trolled a spinner rig with a minnow and a Little Joe crawler rig. I had alot of short hits on the crawler, but the trailing hook got a couple. Did the best north of the 160 bridge at Theodosia.