In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Dumb Fish Story for the week......

William81William81 Member Posts: 24,586 ✭✭✭✭
edited November 2006 in The Fishing Hole!
Got back from Vegas on Wednesday and needed to get out and do some fishing. So on the way home Thursday evening from work, I stopped off at one of my favorite spots for an hour or so. Caught a couple of small smallies and a couple 12" Walleyes.

There were three guys out in their hip boots 25-30 yards from the bank and they were hooking some nice Walleyes. A couple looked to be in the 5-6 pound range.

Next cast I hooked into something big. It swam against the current and was taking line. I got all excited and thougth I had a nice Walleye on. The fish fought really hard and I kept getting more excited. After about 5 minutes I finally landed it...............

6 lb. carp...I had snagged it just below it;s top fin which is why I had very little control of it.

Oh well it was a fun catch anyway....[:D]

Comments

• Options
    KodiakkKodiakk Member Posts: 5,582
    edited November -1
    When I used to live in Alaska it was legal to snag them. Talk about fun , snagging a 40 pound King salmon in the tail or back!
  • Options
    COLTCOLT Member Posts: 12,637 ******
    edited November -1
    ...What a catch William, you gonna mount him?...[:D]

Least you got to go. It's been several months for me...just getting back to "abi-normal", to where I can go...and now it's the holiday season, and deer season, busy. I plan on going within the next 2-3 weeks to see if I can scare a few bass...and take a few days to just do a little shooting of a few of the Colts, eat, drink , fish and generally do nothing...take a few days off from this damn retirement...[:0][^]

...This is the time if year all the ice fishing people get excited about...but the weather is still decent for bass fishing around here...just need to make the time now that I can walk again...[8D]

Lure_3.gif

ani-texas-flag-1.gif