In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Quantum Hypercast

Chief ShawayChief Shaway Member, Moderator Posts: 6,191 ******
edited February 2006 in The Fishing Hole!
Was thinking about getting one of these. Anyone out there ever use one?

Comments

• 2-barrel2-barrel Member Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I just bought one 2 days ago. It is a small reel the one I got and seems to be very smooth and the bail snaps back easy. I don't even have line on it yet. I will be putting the power pro 8lb test line on it when I find some. The weather here has been colder than a witches tit so it will be a while before I get to use it. I am not a zebco man but I thought this one was pretty good for a zebco. Good Luck
  • COLTCOLT Member Posts: 12,637 ******
    edited November -1
    ...hey, if Zebco is made like it used to be, might be alright.
    I bought my daughter a Quantum baitcaster, not sure what model, several years ago...still working great, well, as of last fall.

...Admitted, I don't bass fish with a Zebco but, I have an old 33(?)
    closed faced that I will use when crappie fishing, and it works as it did YEARS ago when I bought it. NEVER had it apart, even to oil it. The metal, closed face Zebco, is a wonder to me! EVERY fisherman in the world has at least heard of Zebco, and probably owns, or has owned one...[;)]

Lure.gif

ani-texas-flag.gif
    edited November -1
    Hey cheif that was a snapshot reel I just bought not the hypercast. Sorry about that.

Bloviator my experience with the zebcos is they won't stand up to the constant cast and retrieve that is involve with artificial bait fishing.
    The diawas were even worse. I had a diawa that only made it to the lake 4 times before it crashed. I have an old 808 that I have had for thirty years or more. and believe me it was aboused and used. Its still working so yes some their reels were good. I have a newer 808 that won't take the beating. The push button has broke on it 2 times so I resoted back to the oldie. I now use all open face reels so the 808's are in retirement like me. With the exception I still take myself fishing.[;)]
    edited November -1
    ...2-barrel, I hear you. I don't think I would trust a reel made by someone like Zebco, if you bass fish a lot. My daughter does not use her Quantum that much. For light use, it may be fine. Hey, for someone who just goes fishing a few times a year, why invest a lot of money if you are not really "in" to it? And you WILL drop more than a few bucks for the right equipment, it's as bad or worse than guns for that. For me, Ive fished too long, invested too much effort and MONEY, to miss that once in a lifetime fish because of inadequate equipment...if I loose a BIG fish, I want it to be MY fault, and NOT the fault of the equipment I'm using...[;)]

Lure.gif

ani-texas-flag.gif
    edited November -1
    Hey bloviator when I loose a big fish I still blame it on the equipment.Heck why take the blame yourself when its the darn equipments fault. [:D][:D]
    edited November -1
    2-barrel,...now thats a thought! [:D]

Lure.gif

ani-texas-flag.gif