In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

What was your favorite fishing adventure?

11echo11echo Member Posts: 1,005 ✭✭
edited April 2008 in The Fishing Hole!
Mine was up in Alaska in late Aug 81. I was living in Anchorage at the time and would normally drive 104 miles south after work to the Russian river to fish for "reds". This was a hit and miss operation, sometimes the fish were there and sometimes not, but normally there were a lot of fishermen! .Plus the long drive home, and having to get up to go into work the next day provide to be ...difficult at best, especially if you didn't have anything to show for it! Well one day my best friend who lived up in Wasilla area (north of Anchorage) told me about Jim Creek, just abit south and east of Palmer. SO we headed up there, wives and kids in tow. It was only about 45 minute drive, and we backed the trucks into the creek bank and I fished sitting on the tailgate. First cast and I hook a 30" Silver! At 9:30 it was still light enough to read a book. My other 2 friends and there wives all limited out. It was one of the best times fishing I ever had!

Comments

• dcso3009dcso3009 Member Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Tough one!
    Somewhere between fighting marlin in Cabo, and packing into the BWCA in Minnesota for walleye. Too many to choose just one.

If I did have to pick one it would be taking my daughter salmon fishing on Lk Michigan.
    doorcounty2006021.jpg
  • William81William81 Member Posts: 24,585 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Boundry Waters in 1975 or Canada in 1992 were both great experiences.

Now the good old Rock River and small mouth bass fishing after a hard day at the office is pretty hard to beat
  • jvanhornjvanhorn Member Posts: 1 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Went to Osbourne Bay off Eagle Lake near Dryden, ON last summer.

The first day, my wife caught a walleye and a pike before I got the truck parked.

We fished down to the lodge on Century Island, had a limit of walleyes by then, then went out and got a bunch of pictures of a moose from close range.

Came back for supper, went back out and hooked a BIG muskie, although he broke my line and the tip off my rod.

The rest of the week paled by comparison to the first day.
  • opieoneopieone Member Posts: 103 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    My 1st time fly fishing ever. Six months ago on the Thompson in Estes, and the Pewter River, North of Ft. Collins...... CO
    I had a great time and caught my limit of 12" Rainbow trout, hooked a big one 3 times, but NO net.........[:(]
    I might quit, because I don't know if it could ever be better[:D]