In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

FIND REAL ESTATE ON RIVER

BamavolBamavol Member Posts: 966 ✭✭✭✭
edited March 2010 in The Fishing Hole!
Yesterday I took a young couple to look for real estate on the Holston river here in East Tennessee. We found some land that he was interested in. Even though he lived in Knoxville for years, he had no idea what was available back in the sticks. He said that he never would have found these places and would have gotten lost trying.
This got me thinking. Could I make any money by spotting land for people interested in river or rural land? I know for a fact that real estate agents have little interest in showing this type of land because I had to find my home site on my own. I do not want to be an agent, only a spotter. Has anyone else done this?

Comments

• Options
    wpagewpage Member Posts: 10,204 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sounds like you are on to something. My wife and I looked for years for property on a creek to build on.
    Certainly there are many others looking for the knowledge you posses. The addadge "It pays to advertise comes to mind"
  • Options
    BamavolBamavol Member Posts: 966 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I may get a real estate lic. My wife and could work as a team. I can show the river and she can show the house.
  • Options
    wpagewpage Member Posts: 10,204 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Bamavol
    I may get a real estate lic. My wife and could work as a team. I can show the river and she can show the house.

That sounds like a great plan. Living in a heavenly area how can you lose.