In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Up in the Arrowhead

sandwarriorsandwarrior Member Posts: 5,453 ✭✭✭
edited August 2006 in The Fishing Hole!
So,

It's finally here. The days we get to go up North to the Arrowhead in Northern Minnesota. Looking forward to some fine trout fishing on Kimball and Trout Lakes. Will let you all know how it went. -Take care

Comments

• HollywoodHollywood Member Posts: 686 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Ahh trout... A species worthy of the persuit its very name invokes...
  • sandwarriorsandwarrior Member Posts: 5,453 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Well, back from the trip and for trout it was a disappointment. We ended up camping on Devils Track lake. I caught two northerns of reasonable girth if not length. 15" each(or therabouts) and four smallies of about 10-11". I say reasonable girth for the northerns as they were a handful plus around instead of the usual hammer handles I cath up there...not that I catch a lot of northerns. The smallies had a good girth to them also so the health of the fish was good. Several of the neighbors caught walleye up there but I had no luck doing that.

We did not see hardly any minnows in the trout lakes, which is a good indicator of the health of trout population in those lakes. Only Thompson lake had appreciable numbers of minnows.

All in all it was as most trips to the woods go. No matter what disappointments there were it was always better to go there and enjoy it than not go at all. We did see some of the most spectacular views of Lake Superior on an absolutely calm day when the water looked like glass out there. When we got back we found we had been hit by hail and my truck was damaged on the hood but not too bad. One of the cats disappeared, unfortunately it was the one I like. But it was a good trip all in all.
  • HollywoodHollywood Member Posts: 686 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sounds like you had about as much luck as I did this past weekend! Fishings gettin a little better on Leech. My better half hooked on to a couple of nice northerns on Saturday, I only had one bite and that was while we were fishing for musky. Gonna give it another go this weekend! Three weekends in a row, a new record for me![:D][:D][:D]