In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

The Moors Pics added

Chief ShawayChief Shaway Member, Moderator Posts: 6,191 ******
edited April 2007 in The Fishing Hole!
I'm headed to the Moors on Kentucky Lake in March for crappie. We got a package weekend for a room and a guide. The guide is for 5hours on the day we get there. Hoping to get a lot of fish then and then go out the next day on my boat and catch some more. Any one fish there before and any tips.

Kyfish-1.jpg

Comments

• kyplumberkyplumber Member Posts: 11,111
    edited November -1
    Enjoy, Kentucky is an awesome place!
  • Huntingnerd33Huntingnerd33 Member Posts: 1,636 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I've never been there, but pay attention to the little things that the guide does. Pay attention to any little modifications that he makes to the bait/lure. Pay special attention to the depth of the water, fish, bait, etc. If you have a GPS, take it with and mark the spots you fish. If not, get a map and play stupid during the day and ask him where you guys are on the lake. Good luck and post pics when you get back.

I'm going up to Rainy Lake in MN this June. Hopefully we have some good stories to share.
  • Chief ShawayChief Shaway Member, Moderator Posts: 6,191 ******
    edited November -1
    I will have my GPS on me and so will my fishing buddy. We have the guide for the first day and then will hit it the second day ourselves.
    edited November -1
    We leave Fri. morning. The latest fishing reports coming from there mention limits being caught. That is 30 crappie.[:D] Can't wait. The extended weather calls for high 60's-70's.
  • HandgunHTR52HandgunHTR52 Member Posts: 2,735
    edited November -1
    Looks like you are doing pretty good Chief!
  • jhimcojhimco Member Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Are you sure all the crappies are at least 10 inches? Those damn little stripers are a pain in the but!
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by jhimco
    Are you sure all the crappies are at least 10 inches? Those damn little stripers are a pain in the but!

the smallest one in the pic was 10 1'2" It just looks real small compared to the others. they were in the 1-1 1'2 lb range.