In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Hello from a new member & DIEHARD fisherman

317wc317wc Member Posts: 924 ✭✭✭✭
edited February 2009 in The Fishing Hole!
Hello all, thought I would stop in, I am somewhat new here. Have been a hardcore fisherman all my life since catching my first fish (small mouth) on the Susquehanna river in PA at around 8 years old. Since then I have been fishing all over, notably around Pittsburgh, Ohio River for cats and small streams for small mouth bass. Also in Alaska for salmon, Utah, on the Green River for trout, as well as Montana, Madison River for trout, also several small streams and lakes around my hometown. Hope all is well with you guys and can't wait to get to the open water in springtime.

Comments

• Options
    53hawkeye53hawkeye Member Posts: 4,673
    edited November -1
    Hello 317wc.

I recently spent a few weeks in and around Uniontown and saw some real nice looking water in rivers I couldn't even pronounce, but unfortunately had no opportunity to wet a line.
    Would love to take the family there some day to enjoy.
    A word of caution...there are some real sharks in these waters so be fore warned.
  • Options
    Liv2FishLiv2Fish Member Posts: 655 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hello from Lake of the Ozarks area. Not a lot of smallmouth here but some are caught up the rivers. In the 10 years that I have lived here I have caught one not far from my house.
    If you are ever in the area look me up.

Catch Hogs !
  • Options
    asopasop Member Posts: 8,910 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Try North of the border sometime. It'll spoil you if you go to the right places.
  • Options
    fullautogunnerfullautogunner Member Posts: 681 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    yep I'm a fishing fool. Currently I fish a nice rock quarry turned lake.