In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Table Rock Lake??

ljwrenchljwrench Member Posts: 5,053
edited April 2007 in The Fishing Hole!
I just planned a family trip to Table Rock Lake in July. How is the fishing? What can I expect?

Comments

• REX6666REX6666 Member Posts: 188 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    i haven't been there in a while. below the damm is fish hatchery,
    for trout, u gotta see that. in the river below the lake they catch lots of big trout, on worms,salmon eggs and cheese.
  • Chief ShawayChief Shaway Member, Moderator Posts: 6,191 ******
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by ljwrench
    I just planned a family trip to Table Rock Lake in July. How is the fishing? What can I expect?

Went to Big Cedar Lodge for my honeymoon back in 91. Didn't get to fish the lake but took a paddle boat ride around the marina. All I can say is that lake was pretty dang clear.
  • danblanchodanblancho Member Posts: 217 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    used to fish tablerock when i was a kid, the water is amazingly clear, there's great bass fishing in the covered areas, and around any underwater obsticals like trees and big rocks. Maps are avaliable on www.fishinghotspots.com for about 12 bucks they might be helpful.
  • John ClydeJohn Clyde Member Posts: 22 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Have fished tablerock quite a bit when I was younger. We used to catch lots of nice channel cat and blue cat off rocky points. It wasn't unusual to catch a limit of 10 fish in a morning, total weight of 30 lbs or better. Individual fish up to 15 lbs sometimes. We used shrimp, and usually baited up these points with small pieces of cottonseed cake a day or 2 before. Tried to stick to 20 to 30 feet of water. Lots of fun, if you like cat fish.