In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Electrolasis on my down riggers help?

IdahoRedneckIdahoRedneck Member Posts: 2,699
edited January 2010 in The Fishing Hole!
Cant catch nothing, started lookin online and found out bout this electrolisis that comes through the cable on your down rigger,(you can hear it hummin) If you have .6 volts you can actually attract fish. Put the meter on mine and We have 1.0 volts[?] Now I know that Zinc deal on my motor is supposed to take that out but apparently its not working. Any one ever troubleshooted this before[?] Any help would be appreciated[:)]

Comments

• dcso3009dcso3009 Member Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Not sure that I can help, but I will ask my father in law. He is an electrical engineer, and a diehard fisherman. Unfortunately he is in Africa on a hunt for the next month, but I'll ask when he gets back.
  • IdahoRedneckIdahoRedneck Member Posts: 2,699
    edited November -1
    Thanks, it really is a weird phenomenon, They just sit there and humm as your trollin. Maybe the aluminum boat plays a part[?] I dont know some how there is voltage coming through the cables
  • dcso3009dcso3009 Member Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Ours hum a little too. Drag that much wire through the water and you will get some vibration. We have never checked for voltage... but get no interference with the depthraider that transmits the signal for water temp and lure speed up the cable.
  • fishkiller41fishkiller41 Member Posts: 50,608
    edited November -1
    Something must be feedin voltage into the hull..