In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Paintball in the Central Illinois region?

x Desert Fox xx Desert Fox x Member Posts: 4 ✭✭
edited October 2005 in The Fishing Hole!
I've been thinking of picking up a Tippman 98 Custom with a flatline system on it, but only if I can actually drum up some decent games. Just wondering if anybody on this board is from the Central Illinois area that plays regularly. I live just outside of Decatur so if you are in the area and are looking for some guys to join in on your games give me a shout.

Comments

• Options
    Slash0311Slash0311 Member Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I live in southern Indiana and love to play but the number one reason I don't play more is getting people to play. I know 15 or 2 guys that have guns and I try and set up games no sooner than 2 to 3 weeks out and I still have people that either commit and don't show or will never commit at all. I lost all respect for a few people over it. I would rather have someone just say that they can't play rather than feed me a line of crap and not show. Good luck getting your games together.

waco.gif

When in doubt, unload the clip, Semper Fi
  • Options
    MN HunterMN Hunter Member Posts: 2,299 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    goto www.warpig.com

click on the link that says fields, the illinois. i dont recommend challenge park, UNLESS you have experience. ALOT of really talented players play there, and you will get a wealth of information by talking to them and what not....

you MIGHT be able to find a 'rec' game there, but its mostly very competitive.

http://www.warpig.com/forums/fields/index/pg_Illinois.shtml

(theres the link to the fields if your too lazy to take the extra steps) [:D]

24_emblem.jpg

"Not many like us, in fact very few, and most of them are dead" LtCol Pratt - USMC
  • Options
    CubsloverCubslover Member Posts: 18,601 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I live in Indiana and it's very hard to find people who play anymore. Try someone you know at a local high school, be it student, teacher, parent. My dad knew some people who we're in their 40's who wanted to play but just didn't have the number of people. We'd let them play with our group of 15-20 people, we we're in high school. Basically.... The more people you have, the more fun you will have. Good luck.

If anyone's in the Tippecanoe County area and wishes to play, look me up. I'm in Lafayette.

"Better to carry a pistol and not need it than need a pistol and not have it." - Me

http://www.diamondbacktactical.com/

EMCFRtn.jpgEMT.jpgCERTnew.jpg
    Half of the lives they tell about me aren't true.
  • Options
    pbgunrunnerpbgunrunner Member Posts: 46 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    There are several good places to play here in Central Illinois:

Area 52 paintball in Mackinaw (near Peoria)
    Sudden Impact in Funks Grove (near Bloomington)
    Chilli Painball Pits in Chillicothe
    and several in the Chicago area if you want to drive. Drop me an email at hjort@bwsys.net and I'll help you out. And just as an aside IMHO the flatline barrel is over rated. Ive been a player since '87 and an airsmith since '90 so I can probably help you find a good used rig that might serve you better! Thanks- chad

There are 179 words in the 10 commandments. There are 26,478 words in our government's regulations for cabbage. 'nuff said!
  • Options
    wolf13wolf13 Member Posts: 7 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Theres also a field south of champaign IIRC, level-X. Sudden impact is a very good choice to start playing at, it's probably the best of the central IL fields and is very new player friendly.

Avoid the flatline and get a decent normal barrel. The flatline gives extra range, but hurts accuracy. It also doesn't give anymore kinetic energy so even fi you manage to hit a target at a longer range, you have less chance of getting a beak.