In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Whats a fair price for this motor?

KrisWKrisW Member Posts: 633 ✭✭✭✭
edited May 2006 in The Fishing Hole!
2000 Johnson 25 hp 2 stroke. Electric start, electric choke, stick steering. Stainless steel prop, water pump is 1 yr old. comes with the tiller steering setup, (needs a kill switch for that and a manual choke for the tiller steer), and a gas tank. It has a small chip on the foot. Is about $1400 to high? if thats to high what is a good price?

Comments

• MOMMASBOYMOMMASBOY Member Posts: 290 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    well i think that is to much. here in missouri we can buy them cheaper that that. a few years ago i bought a 40 and had the dealer put a tiller handle on it and a long shaft kit and i paid 650 for it. real nice motor. i know the new ones are very high. just bought a basstracker and the motor was half of the cost.
  • KrisWKrisW Member Posts: 633 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    i know the guy just bought a new yamaha and it was 3K. thanks for the reply
  • ETECMANETECMAN Member Posts: 33 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Worked at a marina for 15 years. That is a very fair price for that Johnson 25hp. Can't buy a Johnson 25 2-stroke anymore. Must go to a 4-stoke which weighs a bit more and does not have near the low end torque to get the boat up quickly. Grab it.
  • fishkiller41fishkiller41 Member Posts: 50,608
    edited November -1
    Saw one in the Palm Beach Post last weekend. Saltwater motor about the same as yours for $1,200.If yours was run in "sweet water" buy it. do a compression check on it .Should be around 90-100 psi.And clode to the same across both jugs.
    Jeff
  • buddybbuddyb Member Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    That is probably a pretty good deal.I paid $2500.00 for my 40HP Mariner in 1985.