In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Need Help

tazzertazzer Member Posts: 16,837
edited June 2006 in The Fishing Hole!
Hey guys had a great time at the lake this past weekend caught some catfish and the girls had fun catching brim.
We went fishing at the pier one night and could not catch anything
there were sandbass swimming all around and I could not get them to hit anything anyone have any good ideals what to fish with for sandbass ]
or why they would not hit any of my lures or night crawlers.
I did not have minnows.

Taz

Comments

• shoff14shoff14 Member Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    sand bass as in white bass? If so, try white inline spinners.
  • COLTCOLT Member Posts: 12,637 ******
    edited November -1
    Shiney,Shiney,mirror bright "slabs" or spoons. They love them. They are like one of the human sub species, that is drawn to bling bling...[:p] They do love dem silver spoons and slabs....yes sir they do....[:D]

Lure_3.gif

ani-texas-flag.gif
  • tazzertazzer Member Posts: 16,837
    edited November -1
    ok next time i go out there ill give a spoon a try
    the pier is lighted and I thought maybe they were just not hitting anything around it <they be schooled> [:D][:D][:D]
  • COLTCOLT Member Posts: 12,637 ******
    edited November -1
    tazz quote:<they be schooled>

...really? Most Ive seen, are I axed bout schoolin, did not care much for "schoolin"...[:0][:D]
    [:D][8D]
    ...better chill now, might get to thinkin "wrong" things...and get my * poofed...sometimes too PC and can't laugh about "stuff"...[;)][:D]

Lure_3.gif

ani-texas-flag.gif
  • tazzertazzer Member Posts: 16,837
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Bloviator
    tazz quote:<they be schooled>

...really? Most Ive seen, are I axed bout schoolin, did not care much for "schoolin"...[:0][:D]
    [:D][8D]
    ...better chill now, might get to thinkin "wrong" things...and get my * poofed...sometimes too PC and can't laugh about "stuff"...[;)][:D]

Lure_3.gif

ani-texas-flag.gif
    [:0][:0][:0][:D][:D][:D][:D]
  • Ox190Ox190 Member Posts: 2,782 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    That exact same thing happened to me out at a lake in East Texas. White bass were schooling all around the dock and the sapsuckers would not hit ANYTHING. We could see em EVERYWHERE and they wouldn't eat it was weird.
  • shoff14shoff14 Member Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Ox190
    That exact same thing happened to me out at a lake in East Texas. White bass were schooling all around the dock and the sapsuckers would not hit ANYTHING. We could see em EVERYWHERE and they wouldn't eat it was weird.

When this happens while trolling, we have raised the motor a little bit to get some white wash as I call it, and they hit off the back of the boat, but won't hit on the sides.
  • snarlgardsnarlgard Member Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Try a 3, 1/8oz fleefly jigs tied about 8 inches apart
    jig vertical under the minnows around the lights
    they will load up on them when you find the right depth
    used to do this off the dock here on phantom
  • KrisWKrisW Member Posts: 633 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Lot of crappie been caught off of that pier too.