In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

YOYO Fishing Reel Question

M1GarandloverM1Garandlover Member Posts: 2,676 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited April 2009 in The Fishing Hole!
This is my first post here. I was wondering if anyone has ever used or had experience with these? http://v4.beta.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=125997232

Comments

• snarlgardsnarlgard Member Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    check your state laws
    they are not approved for use with game fish in the state of texas
    I have several left from when they were still approved.
  • shoff14shoff14 Member Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Work well for tree hanging rigs when going after catfish. I wouldn't want to use one in my hand.
  • bigbill0910bigbill0910 Member Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have used yoyo's a lot in long ago history. They can be a TON of fun and you can catch a lot of fish with them. Be sure and check local and particular lake regulations. Use live shinners or your bait of choice, set the depth at just an inch or so below the water line and have a beverage of your choice. Chances are you won't have two dozen set before you have fish on. Start with most set shallow, set a few at slightly diffrent depths. YOU WILL HAVE FUN before the night is over. Good luck!!
  • He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,947 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    For $5 it would be hard to go wrong unless it is illegal in your state. Many places do not allow unattended lines. In a SHTF situation that might not be a big concern.