In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Weiss Lake in Alabama

nashflashnashflash Member Posts: 727 ✭✭
edited February 2006 in The Fishing Hole!
Has anybody here ever crappie fished Weiss Lake in Alabama? Me and a buddy are going there next month for four days of fishing. The crappie are supposed to be unreal there. I can hardly wait! Check out the crappie this kid caught below. www.weissmartmarina.com

lancecrappie.jpg

nashflash[:D]

Comments

• ladyhunterladyhunter Member Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    i have never fished there myself but heard alot of good things about the lake, another good crappie hole is milller ferry about 40 min south of selma al good luck
  • COLTCOLT Member Posts: 12,637 ******
    edited November -1
    ...dang thats a BIG crappie. "Barn door" plus! I don't crappie fish a lot, but if I remember correctly, a four pound crappie is close to a lot of States "record" crappie...nice fish. I caught a crappie years ago on Iron Fork Resevoir (outside Mena Ak.) at night, on a homemade topwater...that I'm sure would compete for a state record.
    Since I did not crappie fish, or know squat about what might or might not be record size...I ate it.[xx(]...wish I had mounted it now...big crappie and other big panfish, make for some pretty mounts [;)]

Lure.gif

ani-texas-flag.gif
  • nashflashnashflash Member Posts: 727 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Bloviator , where do you live ? I'm in the Texarkana area and I saw that you've fished in Mena and that's right down the road from me.

nashflash
    edited November -1
    ...nash, just east of Dallas. Texarkana is, oh, about 160 m. east of me,...about an hrs. drive...[:D]

ani-texas-flag.gif
  • MOMMASBOYMOMMASBOY Member Posts: 290 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    BLOVIATOR BLOVIATOR HOW FAR AND HOW FAST. THE DPS BOYS WILL SURE BE GLAD TO SEE YOU. HE HE HE
    edited November -1
    ...well, maybe an hour and a half...if I watch my driving...[:D]

Lure_3.gif

ani-texas-flag.gif