In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Black Drum

will270winwill270win Member Posts: 4,845
edited June 2006 in The Fishing Hole!
Caught this guy under the 3 mile bridge (Pensacola) today. This is not a sheephead it is indeed a black drum.

413065.JPG

Comments

• Options
    COLTCOLT Member Posts: 12,637 ******
    edited November -1
    ...Nice! It's been awhile since I have been to the coast to fish.
    Ever been in a boat, when a school of those swims under?
    Really strange, eerie!
    Sheephead look almost identical to that. The first sheephead I caught, I laughed my * off at their teeth! Look just like they have a little set of people teeth...not all pointy and knarly.
    I think they eat a lot of barnicals, crustaicions(?)...so the "people" teeth...[:D]

Lure_3.gif

ani-texas-flag.gif
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Those teeth do almost humanize the sheephead. Funny little critters and they fight like no one's bidness! Going again Sunday, hoping for redfish or flounder this time.
  • Options
    tazzertazzer Member Posts: 16,837
    edited November -1
    nice lookiing fish.[:D][:D]
    Bloviator talking about eerie i was in pal mul (a little town down from cancun) a few years ago visting my in laws after they retired and went to this park to snokrl, i came up on a large school of fish and when i went in the middle they just made a cir. around me ,it kept going though my mind these were some kind of bait fish and i was in the middle of them [:0][:0][:0][:0][:D][:D] talk about eerie it did not take me long to swim closer to shore [:D][:D]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    The school of these was eerie swimming by the anchor line. I can't begin to imagine how it would have been if I was in the water with them. Gives me the jibblies.
  • Options
    COLTCOLT Member Posts: 12,637 ******
    edited November -1
    ...yeah the first time I ever heard a school of them swim under the boat was at night...a real foggy night in the crash channel down at Chorpus...all that drumming, thumping vibrating sound gave me chicken skin...till figured out what in the hell it was making the noise! I love fishing in the Gulf, especially live shrimp, sure can catch some wild looking fish...[:D]

...I learned years ago that whatever you catch in the Gulf will ALL bite the bejesus out of you. After having some toothy little monster eat my finger once, I thought screw that...I'll grab them thru the gill! Bad idea. The first fish I grabed by the gill, cut two fingers to the bone, forgot what it was, but the dang gills were like razor blades![:0] THEN I got smart and bought some kind of long plier looking things that you could reach in with and remove the hook...[:D]

Lure_3.gif

ani-texas-flag.gif