In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Manly Fishin'...

outdoortexasoutdoortexas Member Posts: 4,780
edited July 2009 in The Fishing Hole!
( Next, I'm a gonna add a shootin' bench...
then place some Bin Layin' and V.C. targets
in the treeline... )

THIS IS HOW WE FISH IN TEXAS ...

I was gonna' build my Lady a Gazebo on the edge of our dock down by the lake, but then I thought, why not consider making it more fun and easier to enjoy for Ms. Debra too...

I got ta thinkin', seemed it might just as well be built with floats on it, rather than on poles at a permanent spot, then I can then take it, and her out fishing with me... Pups are on shore in this picture, I'll send more later.

She just loves fresh fish broiled on the charcoal grill, and man, she knows how to dust 'em with lemon pepper and times the heatin' just right. Grill is on the far side of the deck in this picture...but I let her pick out the best she wanted...

When she serves me a cold beer, and fish with fresh oil fried taters and onions, sliced tomaters, and pickles...and her special 'secret mix' hushpuppies...oh man, stand back 'til I'm full and finished...Usually I just have to lay there and smile, while she boats us back to the cabin...

Has 15,000 # capacity too. The deck is 18ft x 18ft with ( 12 ) plastic, foam filled, dock floats that are 4ft x 4ft by 18 inches high, and the Gazebo is 10', nice when it rains, but now I'm thinkin' I may add a small covered spot on the front end so me and the half-lab, Jake, can sit there even in the worst of weather and not get all wet and cold, or sunburned, ya know.

Hexagon shape, with a table and chairs inside, mainly for the little ladies comfort while she's doin' her chores. How about this brainstorm...inside, under the table, is where my trolling motor is attached, set a little to the front of the deck floor, so it 'pulls' the deck forward easily, just like when in my big bass rig, for when I take it out to my favorite ' Honey Hole '...

The trolling motor is even remote controlled and wireless, so I can be fishing outside or in, through the floor hole for crappie, and still operate the motor. This idea works great, with a couple of fiberglassed fins, just sittin' down 18" in the water, to serve like rudders...

On the top of the table I have a LOWRANCE Fish-Finder with depth sounding sonar and temp gauge. They don't take up much of her work space. With this units transducer almost directly under the center of the 'crappie hole', I can see those brush heaps and submerged trees...holding the fish, real easy. Then there's a second unit on the railing outside, with that transducer directly under it, for when I go to the trouble to stand when I'm slowly workin' along lookin' for ol' bucket-mouth.

We have ( 2 ) electric winches too, with 40# anchors, one on each end, so it's not too hard for Deb to get them back up when I want to move to another brush pile...and have also built in a water pump, so she can clean the fish right on the spot while out on the water.

Now, I can relax, while fishing... while my wife cleans the critters, ( boy, that was smart teachin' her how to 'enjoy' being able to consume FRESH fish...rather than eating that frozen stuff at the grocers... She doesn't mind at all getting her hands dirty, and ya know how she really cares about feeding us healthy.

jdboat.jpg

IN TEXAS, THERE ARE PEOPLE WHO FISH,

THEN THERE ARE FISHERMEN...

That's uncle Bob...Deb's side of the family, he sure is jealous about how us Texas boys find it so easy to get a good women, and teach them 'outdoor skills that benefit the entire family... See that big grin on his face while his boys try their luck... Come on down and visit, never know somthin' good might rub off on your lady... Heck, David Nunn even asked if he could bring Dawnie out sometime, but I don't thing he has a chance gettin' her to let him get away with anything close to this...

www.PedestrianProse.com

www.ALLFOURFEET.com

www.TheShootersClub.com

www.BornAgainAmerican.org
( NOT What You Think )

Comments