In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

A Sad Day......UPDATE

William81William81 Member Posts: 24,585 ✭✭✭✭
edited June 2006 in The Fishing Hole!
I headed out to fish for a while the other night and discovered my favorite pole was missing. My wife and I swapped cars for a couple of days. She decided I had gotten her car a little too dirty so she headed up to the car wash to clean it out.

As near as I can guess, she must have laid my pole out near the Vacuum and forgot to pick it back up and put it in the car when she was done..........She went back the next day and it was gone and the attendant told her he would check with the night guy.....

Gonna have to replace that baby real soon as it was perfect for the type of fishing I do most of the time......Hey Father's Day is coming up soon....[:D]

UPDATE: Father's Day included a new Ugly Stick and Quantum spinning reel.....Took my youngest son fishing on Father's day to try it out.
13 smallies and my son hooked up with five. We took the digital camera so hopefully some pictures later....Hope everyone had a great Father's Day...

Comments

• DaBowMan18DaBowMan18 Member Posts: 2,962
    edited November -1
    ouch. that sucks. but keep your chin up, cause you will probably get a new pole[:p]
  • shoff14shoff14 Member Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Well its cool that you didn't get to mad...
  • William81William81 Member Posts: 24,585 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hey no use getting mad...the wife has been with me for 25 + years.
    Unlike the fishing pole she is not replacable.

I have enjoyed ribbing her a bit about it....
  • COLTCOLT Member Posts: 12,637 ******
    edited November -1
    ...Well, like you said...a NEW one is a must!...[:D]

...Psst, William, didn't you get at least a little pizzed?[:D]
    I'm not going to lie...I would have!
    not real bad, but I'd been really miffed...[:0]

Lure_3.gif

ani-texas-flag.gif
    edited November -1
    OK, I admit I was a little warm at first...but it was an unintentional mistake and she was really sorry....but I have had a good chuckle hiding a few of her things around the house and telling her I must have lost them.....[:D]
  • COLTCOLT Member Posts: 12,637 ******
    edited November -1
    ...Ah ha! ([:D]) Yeah, I know what you mean. Like I said, miffed...no big deal.

BUT! A "new" rig ain't bad either!...[:p]

I have never have "lost" a rig before, but I have had to replace a few.

Back 20+ years ago, I went out to the garage before daylight to hook up the boat. I hooked up, pulled out and stopped to give all my stuff I kept in the boat, the "once over".
    No tackle boxs, no rigs! [:0] Some scum bag had gotten in my garage...and stole all my stuff right out of the boat.[B)]

I called my Ins. agent, and was all prepaired to "explain" why I had so much money in fishing tackle (over $2,500 in early 1980's money)
    To my surprise (good that is) the claims agent, was a bass fisherman...and no "exsplaining" was neccessary.[;)]
    I had a check within a week...and on a neat shopping spree I did go!...[:p]

...then there are the 2-3 rods I broke along the way...[:D]

Lure.gif

ani-texas-flag.gif
    edited November -1
    The biggest loss equipment wise I ever experienced was the loss of three poles and two tackle boxes. This was back in 1973 when I was on a scout trip up in Northern MN.

I was out in a canoe fishing in a narrow area between the shore and a long island. There was about 80 feet between the shore and the island and the water between in the middle was over 20 feet deep.

I was catching Walleyes and was planning to feed the whole troop that night. Out of nowhere came a ski boat heading right towards me. I tried to get the anchor up and get out of his way, but it was too late.

The boat came within 10 feet of me and never slowed down. The canoe capsized and all of my gear went to the bottom. The only thing I got back was my Grandfather's Tackle box and the few lures that remained inside.

I would still like to get my hands on the driver of that boat.....
  • DaBowMan18DaBowMan18 Member Posts: 2,962
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by William81
    The biggest loss equipment wise I ever experienced was the loss of three poles and two tackle boxes. This was back in 1973 when I was on a scout trip up in Northern MN.

I was out in a canoe fishing in a narrow area between the shore and a long island. There was about 80 feet between the shore and the island and the water between in the middle was over 20 feet deep.

I was catching Walleyes and was planning to feed the whole troop that night. Out of nowhere came a ski boat heading right towards me. I tried to get the anchor up and get out of his way, but it was too late.

The boat came within 10 feet of me and never slowed down. The canoe capsized and all of my gear went to the bottom. The only thing I got back was my Grandfather's Tackle box and the few lures that remained inside.

I would still like to get my hands on the driver of that boat.....
    thats what a boat gun is for[;)][:p][8D]
  • Hunter MagHunter Mag Member Posts: 6,611 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:byWilliam81,Unlike the fishing pole she is not replacable.

Now I'm really [?]confused[?]
    edited November -1
    I got one of the good ones....My wife is not replacable IMHO.....the fishing pole is...
  • tazzertazzer Member Posts: 16,837
    edited November -1
    sorry to here that William
    the worst thing thats ever happen to my gear was when I was 16 had all my rods and tackle box in a freinds store room and lighten struck it.
    that was in the late 80s lost everything[V][V][:(!][:(!][B)]
    edited November -1
    "thats what a boat gun is for"

In my case it would have been one more thing at the bottom of the lake....[}:)]