In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Post Spawn

KaosKaos Member Posts: 346 ✭✭✭
edited June 2006 in The Fishing Hole!
I was wondering how long the post spawn will last. I think it is the very end of the spawn although there are some bass still spawning. Now to my knowledge the fish then go to deeper water and less active, there for harder to catch. When do the fish become active again?

Thanks

Comments

• tazzertazzer Member Posts: 16,837
    edited November -1
    Morning and afternoons is the best that i find them active when its hot
    taz
  • shoff14shoff14 Member Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Post spawn is one of the best times to fish for bass. They are hungry from not eating all that well during the spawn.

Bass won't move to deeper water, they will move to cover and structure. This is where you can find them. Around docks, failen trees, lilly pads.
  • COLTCOLT Member Posts: 12,637 ******
    edited November -1
    ...all depends on the temp of the water, how big the lake is. Smaller the lake, the quicker it cools off, the quicker it warms up...and vicie versie for bigger bodies of water.
    Bass can be sluggish after they spawn, a few days, a week... because they are worn out...then they go on a feeding frenzy. This all depends on when they spawned. I was still catching bass 2 weeks ago...with green eggs...and it's been in the 90's around here for 5 weeks or more...and it was MAY!!...[:0]

Lure.gif

ani-texas-flag.gif