In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

KY Lake

Chief ShawayChief Shaway Member, Moderator Posts: 6,191 ******
edited May 2009 in The Fishing Hole!
Headed there the 26th thru 29th. Hoping to get on some them big crappie and also hoping that the weather and lake levels cooperates this year. We added another guy with us this year. This means a bigger cabin at the Moors. JHIMCO, do you have any fishing reports for me?

BTW, we have the Big Kahuna on the morning of the 28th.

Comments

• Chief ShawayChief Shaway Member, Moderator Posts: 6,191 ******
    edited November -1
    We brought home over 120 fish. The first night we slayed the yellow bass. We caught quite a few giant blue gill, 5 crappie, and I caught a 3 lb bass.
    Friday and Saturday we mostly caught Crappie. Fri. evening we hit a spot right at dark and landed 6 14 inch plus crappie. dang good weekend.

[img][/img]kylakebigblackcrappie.jpg

[img][/img]kylakecrappie.jpg

[img][/img]kylakefripmcrappie.jpg

[kylakefullnet.jpg/img]

[img][/img]kylakelargemouthancrappie.jpg

[img][/img]kylakelivewell.jpg
  • shoff14shoff14 Member Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Can I come? [:D]
  • Chief ShawayChief Shaway Member, Moderator Posts: 6,191 ******
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by shoff14
    Can I come? [:D]

When we go next year I'll give you a call. This was our best year by far.
  • quickmajikquickmajik Member Posts: 16,324
    edited November -1
    WEll the indians didnt call it the happy hunting ground for nothing..[:)] Good catch, chief..
  • jhimcojhimco Member Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Did not get a chance to go this past year. Could not afford it. But I am headed towards the North Woods of Wisconsin soon. The crappies bit great there also- but they are not as big as Kentucky Lake. But I have also caught some decent walleyes and bass up there.quote:Originally posted by Chief Shaway
    Headed there the 26th thru 29th. Hoping to get on some them big crappie and also hoping that the weather and lake levels cooperates this year. We added another guy with us this year. This means a bigger cabin at the Moors. JHIMCO, do you have any fishing reports for me?

BTW, we have the Big Kahuna on the morning of the 28th.