In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

San Juan River

kumatekumate Member Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭
edited January 2008 in The Fishing Hole!
Anyone else tried the San Juan in northern New Mexico.I have lived here for 30 yrs and just went and tried it.WOW rainbows up to 33".I fish Navajo Lake ,which is fed by the San Juan,all the time for catfish,bass and pike and also an occasional brown or kokahnee salmon but today a friend talked me into tryig a fly rod for the big rainbows in the Quality Waters below the dam.I think I'll do this as often as my blood pressure will stand it[:p]

Comments

• Options
    Grunt2Grunt2 Member Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Was down your way a few weeks ago. My son's BMW broke down in Cuba. Didn't realize the San Juan ran through your A.O....Looks like a great river to fish..I can't wait to hit Lake Powell again this spring..Haven't even wet a hook this winter..
    Retired LEO
    Combat Vet VN
    D.A.V Life Member
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Grunt,me and my brother are gonna hit paiute on the san juan in early march,I'll give you an update when we return.Sorry to hear about the breakdown in Cuba,great place to hunt elk and bear but thats about it
  • Options
    MOMMASBOYMOMMASBOY Member Posts: 290 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    HEY KUMATE. I AM FROM THAT AREA. LIVED IN FARMINGTON AND AZTEC FOR A LONG TIME. CAME TO MISSOURI IN 83. RETIRED FROM AZTEC PD. I WAS LIKE YOU, ONE OF THE DETECTIVES TOLD ME ABOUT THE GOOD FISHING THERE. I THOUGHT HE WAS LYING. TALKED ME INTO GOING AND I COULD NOT BELIEVE THE OUTSTANDING FISHING. FISHED NAVAJO AND ALSO A COUPLE OF LAKES UP BY DURANGO. THERE IS ALSO SOME GOOD TROUT FISHING JUST UP STREAM OF THE BRIDGE IN AZTEC. GOTTA KNOW WHERE TO GO THO. HE GOOD TALKING TO YOU. KEEP ME POSTED ON AZTEC AND THE QUALITY WATER.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    MOMMASBOY Aztec is still the same old place.I live down on the Animas just west of Light Plant rd and there are a few browns to be caught when the ice is off.Moved here in 79 and this is the hardest winter I can remember,but spring is on the way so the fishing should pick up
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Tried to email you back mommasboy but I guess your in is on the fritz like you said.I do know Grant and his brother Claude,got a few tickets from Grant when I was younger.Last time I saw him he was playing at the aztec restraunt on fridays but thats been a while.Keep emailing I enjoy the conversation