In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Heading back

Chief ShawayChief Shaway Member, Moderator Posts: 6,196 ******
edited April 2008 in The Fishing Hole!
to the Moors at Ky Lake on the 19th. Hope to get into a mess of those big crappies. Hopefully the weather will hold and be nice. We are going guideless this year. The one we used last year was booked. We will see if it was a good idea or not.

Comments

• Options
    jhimcojhimco Member Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Was Don aka "Big Kahuna" unavailable? Where will you be fishing? Right off the point of the campground? I might go there on the 22nd.
    I've found a few spots- but it is tough fishing sometimes.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    He was not available for the time that we will be there. We will try the point and also a few of the coves that we had fished last year. Hopefully it will be at least dry.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    See how high the water levels were!?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Very high. The lake raised about 1 1/2 feet each day we were there. When we left, the rock levy around the Moors marina was under water. As you can guess, the crappie fishing was not good. I did catch a 15+lbs drum though. Yeah.[:(]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Well- I had decent luck with the crappies in Big Bear creek. I was trolling and drifting with minnows. It was kind of tough on the days when the waves were high. Also caught my fair share of those little stripped bass- they are a pain in the *- so are those drum- think you got a decent fish and it's one of those nasty things. They are like carp. I've also been there in August- blue gill fishing is good that time of year.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Sounds as though you did better than we did. The first day there were 2'+ white caps. We only fished about an hour. We did fish in Big Bear. We might skip KY. next year and instead head up to Detroit to catch some walleyes on ice out.