In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

my new fishing rig

shoff14shoff14 Member Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭
edited January 2008 in The Fishing Hole!
Just got it out of the box and put together.

100_0391.jpg

100_0390.jpg

I will post some updated photos when I get it geared up the way I want it. I have a fish finder and rod holder to go on it.

Comments

• kimikimi Member Posts: 44,723 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    nice
    What's next?
  • William81William81 Member Posts: 24,585 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    That looks like a ton of fun....what is the weight limit on something like that ???
  • shoff14shoff14 Member Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by William81
    That looks like a ton of fun....what is the weight limit on something like that ???

This one has a limit of 375 pounds. It really depends on which one you buy, they very from 300 to 1000 pounds. Of course that also depends on how much you want to spend. Most single person ones range from 300-500 pounds. Again, depends on how much you want to spend. Some also have a few extras already added onto them which decreases the weight a little. This rig only weights 55 pounds, so I can carry it a little ways too. They do make wheels that go on them though. Its 9 feet in total length. Lengths vary from 7 feet all the way up to 15 footers. These were designed for river rapids. Because of the popularity of them on lakes, several companies now make them so they are not a river pontoon. The one in the picture is rated for class II rapids, which would be enough for me.

I was quite suprised how that little air pump sitting on the floor pumped them up. It only took me about a minute, its a double action pump. The electric pump I already had took about 30 seconds. PSI is between 3 and 7 or so.
    edited November -1
    Oh and the really cool thing about these is no bolts required. They completely assemble and break down to fit in the back of your car. Of course my 8 foot pole won't, but the pontoon will. haha
    edited November -1
    Got a website I can check out on these ????
    edited November -1
    This is the brand I decided on purchasing, all of them are Class II white water rated. Lifetime warranty
    http://www.creekcompany.com/

This is just another brand, mostly cheaper not white water rated.
    http://www.classicaccessories.com/default.aspx

Good brand, 5 year warranties on some products life on others, priced low to high. Some rated, some not
    http://www.outcastboats.com/outcastboats/

Just some other brands
    http://www.waterskeeter.com/
    http://www.northforkoutdoors.com/homepagedirectory.html

Thats all the ones that I did research for. Outcast and the Dave Scadden ones are made in the same factory.
    edited November -1
    Great Stuff...Thanks for the links
    edited November -1
    Heres my sonar, rod holder, and net holder.

100_0392.jpg

more to come
  • elkoholicelkoholic Member Posts: 5,130
    edited November -1
    Looks like fun.
  • shaneshane Member Posts: 882 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    That is an awsome rig, Thanks for sharing the pic's.
    edited November -1
  • green milegreen mile Member Posts: 619 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Are those all add ons from the company, of were you experimenting to get what you needed?
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by green mile
    Are those all add ons from the company, of were you experimenting to get what you needed?

All the add ons are personal. I have seen a lot of rod holders that just go across the back. that is fine if you are a pitcher, but I over hand cast 90% of the time and couldn't have anything behind me. There is also a safety pin at the corner of the holder which allows me to take it apart with the frame. The sonar should be a big help finding some points and other structure. The transducer mount has a nice safety feature I added in the fact that it breaks away. So if i hit anything during launch I will still have a transducer there. It also screws off and I can sit it in the pouch if I want. The pouches you see come attached to the pontoons. The other add on is the anchor, 3 pounder, you don't see it in the photo. However, I put a rope hook thing, i forget the name at the moment, may not be able to be mounted like that. I think it may move, I was trying to be cheap. I do know of a product that I made at my previous job that will get the job done better. I will see how well those type of clamps hold it in place.