In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Anyone else?

Huntingnerd33Huntingnerd33 Member Posts: 1,636 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited January 2007 in The Fishing Hole!
Anyone else getting excited about spring fishing again? I'm planning a trip to Minnesota in June and can't wait about that one. I'm not done grouse/pheasant hunting yet this year and I'm already excited about walleye, bass, and crappie fishing this spring.

Last year I caught my biggest walleye, 6lb 10oz. I'm going back to the same lake this year as soon as school is out, hopefully to catch the 10 or 11 I lost there last year.

Comments

• shoff14shoff14 Member Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    spring?

I am hoping it gets cold enough here to get on the ice. I hate this 40-50 degree weather. Its supposed to be 20!
  • Huntingnerd33Huntingnerd33 Member Posts: 1,636 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by shoff14
    spring?

I am hoping it gets cold enough here to get on the ice. I hate this 40-50 degree weather. Its supposed to be 20!

Yeah, I know what you mean. We've never gotten enough ice for me to ever bother with that. This winter's suppose to be colder than most though for us anyway.
  • COLTCOLT Member Posts: 12,637 ******
    edited November -1
    ...Ryan, from when it gets freakin cold where i'm cold...even with the right gear (hard to negotiate looking like the michilen tire man)
    ...I'm looking forward to spring [:D].

I used to fish where I'd have to knock ice off my reels and rod eyes to keep fishing...no more...I can wait...[^]

Lure_3.gif

ani-texas-flag-1.gif
  • elkoholicelkoholic Member Posts: 5,130
    edited November -1
    I'm ready but it will be the end of March or even mid April before the ice comes off.
  • William81William81 Member Posts: 24,585 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    For me it is a dependant cycle I get into every year. I fish till I can hunt then I hunt till I can fish...[;)]

I go though withdrawls around the end of January to fish and in October I am itching to hunt...[:D]
  • Huntingnerd33Huntingnerd33 Member Posts: 1,636 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by William81
    For me it is a dependant cycle I get into every year. I fish till I can hunt then I hunt till I can fish...[;)]

I go though withdrawls around the end of January to fish and in October I am itching to hunt...[:D]

I know what you mean. From Jan-early March or April, depending on the weather, I really can't do much. [:(]
  • BuckFeverBuckFever Member Posts: 4 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm with shoff, we can't even get on the ice! Thsi weather does not work for us Minnesota sportsman.

BuckFever
  • CoochCooch Member Posts: 348 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Well, we are just now getting ice so...

But already planned a trip to Norris Lake in TN in June for stripers in the lake and trout in the Clinch river. Can't beat it!!