In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Need some help on salt water fishing reels.

41 nut41 nut Member Posts: 3,016
edited June 2008 in The Fishing Hole!
I've also posted this on the fishing forum, but am also listing it here in case an expert on reels is lurking about and will help.

I'm looking for the value on a couple of salt water reels that are on surf casting rods a friend wants to sell me.

#1 is a Pinnacle Costal CBF 60 -- rod is a 10' shakespear

#2 is a Daiwa A69000X -- rod is a 12' ugly stick

Any assistance anyone can give me would be greatly appreciated as I have no idea of what would be a fair price. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Options
    hissinggoosehissinggoose Member Posts: 763 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    My WAG woould be @ $50 to $70 for the pair. All depending on condition, and how good a friend he is!
    Ugly sticks like that run @ $50 new / same for the pinnacle reel. Shakespeare is a low price line, probably cost $20-$30 new, and @ same for the diawa reel.
    If you get 'em, switch reels. I'd rather have the ugly and the pinnacle. Make a nice rough and ready combo.
    Hope this helps!
  • Options
    captkirk3@dslextreme.comcaptkirk3@dslextreme.com Member Posts: 3,804
    edited November -1
    The TOPIC really don't belong here, but, I'll let it slide for a few hours...I personally can't help You...as all my gear is Heavy Salt Water Tackle and I don't know squat about Surf Fishing...I wish You luck.....Best.....
  • Options
    captkirk3@dslextreme.comcaptkirk3@dslextreme.com Member Posts: 3,804
    edited November -1
    Have You tried to pull a search on the Auction Site here on <gunbroker.com>???
  • Options
    41 nut41 nut Member Posts: 3,016
    edited November -1
    I have with no results. At least the one response gave me a little clue where I had none to begin with. He had told me he would take $50. for the pair but I didn't know if this was too little or too much. I bought them this morning. [:p][:p][}:)]