In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

new lures

DaBowMan18DaBowMan18 Member Posts: 2,962
edited April 2006 in The Fishing Hole!
i just went out and spend $18.00 on 4 new lure.
1. Rapala dives-to.....(silver)
2. Rapala X-Rap.....(gold)
3. Roostertail.....(white)
4. Strike king spinnerbait.....(white and red w/ red hooks)

that $18 went fast [B)][:(!][V]

Comments

• One shotOne shot Member Posts: 1,027
    edited November -1
    Try for a nice hand made fly rod. Several pay days will go fast. I wonder if Zebco makes fly rods.[:D]
  • COLTCOLT Member Posts: 12,637 ******
    edited November -1
    ...yeah, just wait [:D]....your just getting started. Between my spinners, baits, and plastic baits, wheh, a LOT. I think I have the fish I catch down to an average of only $30 a pound now...[:0][:p][:D]

ani-texas-flag.gif
  • shoff14shoff14 Member Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    a couple more you will want to get

blue strike king
    chartusse (sp?) strike king
    red roostertail
    green largemouth lookinmg x rap
  • COLTCOLT Member Posts: 12,637 ******
    edited November -1
    DaBow

...Get you a few different color ShadRaps...sheet, I think Rapala may make them...been since they first came out when I bought them. They have some that run different depths, some are floaters. I have had great luck with the shallower running floaters. When they first came out, I bought all 4 colors, no idea how many they have now. The best one I have is beat all to hell, but the fish like it still...and I cannot find one in the same color, ANYWHERE, a kinda natural shad color.

If nothing else, get a few traps, Rat-tle Traps. THE ALL TIME PRODUCER FOR A TRAP IS...Chrome with a blue back....a must have trap color. A trap is good for locating fish in an area quick...they attract fish, and or seen, heard over a larger area than a plastic bait...and you generally work them pretty fast.

Another must have color and bait is a 3-6' running chartreuse crank bait, their good for locating fish quick too.

Remember, and it's still hard for me at times...stay with a bait and work an area completly...don't chunk a bait a few times, and go to changing. My old bass fishing mentor DRUMMED into my thick head "The best bait in the world, HAS to be in the water to catch fish", simple, but sometimes hard to not change baits a lot after they don't produce quick enough for you...but I'm jinky anyway...[:D]

Lure_3.gif

ani-texas-flag.gif
  • ETECMANETECMAN Member Posts: 33 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Try the new color crankbait Bandit Lures came out with. I caught 4 bass in 20 minutes last week on one. It is called MadCow. I use the 200 series Bandits quite a bit and this new color along with firetiger, The Mistake and blue and pearl are all great choices.