In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Best Rainbow Trout Recipes ?

Civil RightsCivil Rights Member Posts: 440 ✭✭✭
edited April 2008 in The Fishing Hole!
anyone have any good ones ?

Comments

• pine-treepine-tree Member Posts: 4 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    The one I have is to put the whole trout in glass baking dish smoothered with tomato soup and whatever spices you like for me dried onion and basil leaves. Bake in the oven covered at 350 for 60 minutes and then place cheese slices over them and bake uncovered for 15 minutes.
  • elkoholicelkoholic Member Posts: 5,130
    edited November -1
    I like to fillet them then pan fry them is butter with a little salt and garlic. Don't over cook it. Serve with potatoes and onion. Very simple but very yummy.
  • kumatekumate Member Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    elkoholic is right on also try grilling fillets wrapped in bacon very tasty
  • RedtailRedtail Member Posts: 155 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Marinade in "Alagro"brand smoke flavored marinade six to twentyfour hours in refrigerator,dabb dry and coat with olive oil,put them in a fish grilling basket five minutes on each side over charcoal
  • Sky SoldierSky Soldier Member Posts: 460
    edited November -1
    Put'em in a wet smoker for two hours and eat'em with saltine crackers.
  • Ox190Ox190 Member Posts: 2,782 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Gut em, leave em whole. Fill with sliced onions, lemons, a pad of butter butter, salt and pepper. Wrap in bacon, then wrap in foil. Place on grill, check until all meat is flaky. Remove from grill, enjoy a little piece of heaven.
  • 11echo11echo Member Posts: 1,006 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Flour, salt-n-pepper in a bag. Clean the fish and while wet but in the bag and shake. Then pan fry the fish in bacon grease! To multiple the taste do this while camping in an outdoor setting! Best thing you'll ever taste!!!
  • SuspensionSuspension Member Posts: 4,783
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Ox190
    Gut em, leave em whole. Fill with sliced onions, lemons, a pad of butter butter, salt and pepper. Wrap in bacon, then wrap in foil. Place on grill, check until all meat is flaky. Remove from grill, enjoy a little piece of heaven.

My thought exactly, it doesn't get any better that than. I normally add a clove or two of garlic and sometimes I bury the foil in wood coals.
  • kumatekumate Member Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    ox190,that is great,try adding a little oregano.It adds a little zing