In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

"Weedless" Minn-Kota Endura 46 Field Test

nunnnunn Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 35,988 ******
edited July 2006 in The Fishing Hole!
My old Minn Kota 65, though labeled "weedless," was far from it. Fishing a weedy little lake, I ended up paddling. I hate paddling.

I found that Minn Kota has made some improvements over the years, and have a new prop, called the "Weedless Wedge 2." Only thing is, that prop won't fit the older motors.

So, I checked the catalog and ordered out the smallest Endura motor that comes with that prop, the Endura 46. It has 46 pounds of thrust, quite a step up from the 17 pounds of the old motor. The prop is an interesting looking piece of work.

This morning, I hit the weedy lake with my old Bass Hunter and the new motor. WOW! What a difference! First, the new motor makes the boat go a lot faster. And, when it gets into weeds, it just chews through them. I had to clear some weeds off the shaft, because they were creating too much drag, but the prop remained clear of weeds.

I mean, these weeds were nearly thick enough to walk across the lake on.

I can heartily recommend the Minn Kota motor with the Weedless Wedge 2 prop. As Martha Stewart says, "It's a good thing."

Comments