In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

FLORIDA vs. OIL spill

Alan RushingAlan Rushing Member Posts: 9,002 ✭✭
edited June 2010 in The Fishing Hole!
Have there been any noted effects upon the Florida State fishing: commercial or sports as yet? Types of fish, limits, season lengths or any other facet?

Though interested in the entire State, I would anticipate that the first area impacted might well be in the extreme west, in the general Pensicola region ... add to that the fact that my soon is located there abouts!

Any feel or knowledge for what is or may occur? Appreciated!

Comments

• wpagewpage Member Posts: 10,204 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Dont be making any big time Gulf side fishing plans for the future...
  • Alan RushingAlan Rushing Member Posts: 9,002 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Unfortunately, I believe that is going to be the case for the entire Mega area from at least the southern border of Texas, along the entire intercoastal area, through the Florida keys and the entire northern Caribbean at least, from very soon and into the foreseeable distant future! [8]

There is nothing to describe what is happening! [:0]

We all need to be able to fuel our vehicles and drive to the gymn though, right? [}:)] [V] [:(!]
  • Alan RushingAlan Rushing Member Posts: 9,002 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    A D D E N D U M :

After inquiring about this, I started hearing reports of the oil now up on the beaches of: MS., AL., etc.!!!

Anticipated, this development, but hope that at least, more time would pass. Very sorry for all of the countless people that have been and will be impacted by this Mega Disaster! Very saddened to hear this distressing news! ! !

Unfortunately some comparisons of the "oil plumes" to deadly, menacing, ominous, black, storm clouds is very appropriate for sure.

All that we see now, is just the superficial surface sheen on! This is terrifying, this oil spill business! [8] [V] [:(!]