In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

STRIPERS

NAVAJO 46NAVAJO 46 Member Posts: 5 ✭✭
edited January 2011 in The Fishing Hole!
I dropped $4,000.00 to be ready for the Stripers to come into Oregon Inlet last year, and they never came South enough to make it into N.C. I understand the weather will be colder this year but what (who)is the most reliable source to determine how soon I can go?.
Firecracker

Comments

• NAVAJO 46NAVAJO 46 Member Posts: 5 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    ANYONE HOOKING INTO ANY STRIPERS ? MY SON WENT OUT OF RI. CAUGHT SOME BLUES BUT,STRIPERS APPARENTLY ARE BELOW THEM AND GET THERE FIRSTTO ROB THE BAIT.
  • wpagewpage Member Posts: 10,204 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Getting some earlys off NJ/NY you need to run a drail about 36" ahead of your lure to get it down when trolling. That gets it under the blues or they will tear it up.
  • fishkiller41fishkiller41 Member Posts: 50,608
    edited November -1
    I got a call from my brother yesterday(SUN.)and he was out on the Del.Bay on a headboat.He got 1 keeper Striper 44" and 36#.He said he also boated a dozen or so nice Tautog,to 11#.Weather was good 65* and only a light breeze.Said the Stripers hit early in the day then,the bite tapered off to nothing. A few more were landed near the end of the trip,after the tide change.
    Good luck to you all!!
    "CATCH'EM UP"!!
  • JamesNorrisJamesNorris Member Posts: 23 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    My son caught a #20 and I caught a #35 at Oregon Inlet on the Outer Banks of N.C. with an inshore guide. I am new to Striper fishing but they cauight me.
  • C-PhaseC-Phase Member Posts: 9 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Got these babies last week near Atlantic City. could only keep 2, both were 36". Threw back 5 around 30"

Striper1.jpg

Striper2.jpg
  • gary wraygary wray Member Posts: 4,663
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by NAVAJO 46
    ANYONE HOOKING INTO ANY STRIPERS ? MY SON WENT OUT OF RI. CAUGHT SOME BLUES BUT,STRIPERS APPARENTLY ARE BELOW THEM AND GET THERE FIRSTTO ROB THE BAIT.

My son in law and my grandson are killing the stipers in Indian River Inlet (DE) fishing in MY canoe with a 2hp Honda! Many are throwbacks (under 28in) but they are getting about three per week in the 30-45in range! I can't find the time from work to join them but they are using my Penn reels and my canoe...there is no justice! But I do get the phone photos[^][V] of the successes[:p]
  • C-PhaseC-Phase Member Posts: 9 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Getting too cold here, finally had to pull the boat before it got iced in ........
  • fishkiller41fishkiller41 Member Posts: 50,608
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by C-Phase
    Got these babies last week near Atlantic City. could only keep 2, both were 36". Threw back 5 around 30"

Striper1.jpg

Striper2.jpg

U got yourself some fine eatin there man!! Also,Welcome to the boards!!
  • ChiefEaglesChiefEagles Member Posts: 15 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Little cold at Kerr Lake [Buggs Island per VA's].
  • jednorrisjednorris Member Posts: 21 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    They caught two new state records of 64 lb. stripers and a
    57 lber. out of Oregon Inlet, NC the first 6 days of January.
  • gary wraygary wray Member Posts: 4,663
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by jednorris
    They caught two new state records of 64 lb. stripers and a
    57 lber. out of Oregon Inlet, NC the first 6 days of January.

jednorris.....I heard from one of my NC fishing buddies that the larger striper was caught right off Oregon Inlet by a 12 year old!! Evidently if it stands, it is the new NC age record. What a great memory for a 12 year old[^]