In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

What do I look for??

babunbabun Member Posts: 11,054 ✭✭✭
edited January 2013 in The Fishing Hole!
Okay help me here...

I'm not a fisherman in any sense of the word, But I buy a lot of estate sales and yard sale box lots. Looking to resell most of the things.
I always see a lot of older fishing stuff but pass on it because I don't know anything about it.
Is there a simple way or a "list" of things I should be looking for in the rods and reels and tackle, I let pass thru my fingers.
Please if you could, a "fishing for dummies" primer.
Thanks, Bob

Comments

• Options
    MMOMEQ-55MMOMEQ-55 Member Posts: 13,134
    edited November -1
    Most old lures are collectable. Old reels such as Abu Garcia Ambassadors are real collectable. Bamboo fly rods and old fly reels are real collectable. Not much of a market for old cheap reels such as Zebco. Not a lot of money in old fiberglass rods either.

There is so much out there you need to get a book on the subject. There are lures out there worth a couple hundred and lures that look similar that are worth $2.00.
  • Options
    babunbabun Member Posts: 11,054 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks, I do see a few bamboo rods now and again. Guess I'll just take a chance next time and buy the lots and hope for a diamond in it.
    If not, look for a "GIVE-AWAY" here on GB.[:D]
  • Options
    dahmerdahmer Member Posts: 290 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Most old fishing junk is just that, junk! It takes experience and handling to tell the difference. There are people out there that will take cheap look-a-like lures and attempt to "season" them to make a good profit.