In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Get the Boat Ready time!

wpagewpage Member Posts: 10,204 ✭✭✭
edited April 2010 in The Fishing Hole!
Time to get the lines out and get it ready for the new season...
Pray for fair weather.

Comments

• drl50drl50 Member Posts: 2,496
    edited November -1
    Getting anxious myself. Here in Wisconsin, our ice has only been out about 3 weeks, and thats earlier than normal. On most of our northern lakes we can only catch panfish until the first saturday in May. I'll be ready. Good luck to all.
  • gary wraygary wray Member Posts: 4,663
    edited November -1
    wpage.......cleaning up the Whaler today! Hosing her out, cleaning her up (darn pollen is everywhere!) and getting the Penn 712/714/716's ready for the next big expedition. Bass are starting to spawn up here and folks are starting to have good luck! And the crabs are back, as are the big stripers...a friend caught a 42lb (and had the photo on his phone to prove it to me!) so life is good! Great to be alive!
  • fishkiller41fishkiller41 Member Posts: 50,608
    edited November -1
    Gary;My Big brother lives in SW Jersey and is an AVID Striper fisherman.He fishes mostly just So. of the Commodore Barry bridge,(and his name is Barry) on the NJ side, down to the DOD in Pennsville.That's where the De.state line comes ashore on the NJ side.
    He works for NALCO Chem. Co. out of De.,so he's prob in your neighborhood every day.
    I'll shoot u an email, with his email addy. Maybe U guys can get together and catch a few.
  • MMOMEQ-55MMOMEQ-55 Member Posts: 13,134
    edited November -1
    In the Carolina's we fish year round so my boats stay ready. The crazy weather we have one day it is 30 degrees and the next day it is 70 degrees. Gotta keep them ready for those 70 degree days.