In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Walleyes

Chief ShawayChief Shaway Member, Moderator Posts: 6,191 ******
edited July 2011 in The Fishing Hole!
Boated 4 keepers Friday night. A 22, 15, and 2 14 1/2 inchers. My budy caught 2 keepers and a 5 pound channel.
Very nice evening and gonna be a great supper tonight.

Comments

• wpagewpage Member Posts: 10,204 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Nice going Chief...

Any pics?
  • Chief ShawayChief Shaway Member, Moderator Posts: 6,191 ******
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by wpage
    Nice going Chief...

Any pics?

Got some late night phone pics. Not the best but I'll see what I can do.
  • Liv2FishLiv2Fish Member Posts: 655 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Good Eats that is for sure.
  • jonkjonk Member Posts: 10,121
    edited November -1
    In Ohio they have to be 15 inches to keep. But the small ones are good eating size. How big do they get there? Bigggest I've gotten is 9 pounds, they get up over 10 or 12 in Lake Erie though, 30-32 inches isn't unheard of.

Most of the ones I get run 16-24". So the biggies are the exception.
  • William81William81 Member Posts: 24,585 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You are making me hungry.....[:D]
  • Liv2FishLiv2Fish Member Posts: 655 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Beer battered with some fried taters cold beverage. The only thing that would make it better would be cooked and severved on lakeside.
  • sgm hagsgm hag Member Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    A great recipe for the tators I learned from a friend. Place chopped taters (with skin on) in a plastic bag with Chicken Shake N' Bake crumbs. Shake til taters are coated, then fry in greased skillet. Adds a really great, mildy spicy, flavor to the spuds! Once all the slabs and spuds are done, call me over for the feast! I'll bring the Coors truck!
  • Chief ShawayChief Shaway Member, Moderator Posts: 6,191 ******
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by sgm hag
    A great recipe for the tators I learned from a friend. Place chopped taters (with skin on) in a plastic bag with Chicken Shake N' Bake crumbs. Shake til taters are coated, then fry in greased skillet. Adds a really great, mildy spicy, flavor to the spuds! Once all the slabs and spuds are done, call me over for the feast! I'll bring the Coors truck!

That sounds dang tasty.