In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Why no cat-fishermen on TV?

fastcarsgofastfastcarsgofast Member Posts: 7,179
edited May 2010 in The Fishing Hole!
I see a lot of guys on TV fishing for bass, crappie, etc., but no one is fishing for cats. I find cats to be exciting. They get pretty danged big and put up a heck of a fight. So why not do some cat-fishing on TV?

Comments

• wpagewpage Member Posts: 10,204 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    From your lips to God and some network execs ears!
  • fitzhughfitzhugh Member Posts: 7 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Check out the show "River Monsters" on Animal Planet. That guy is hooking up some serious big cats from all over the world. Even some "noodling" from the south.
  • BeeramidBeeramid Member, Moderator Posts: 7,264 ******
    edited November -1
    I remember an old episode where Bill Dance was fishing cats in the Miss river in Baton Rouge. You could see Tiger Stadium in the distance, he caught some nice ones!
  • fishkiller41fishkiller41 Member Posts: 50,608
    edited November -1
    Doug Stangey does all the time, almost every show.(Can't remember the name of his show) They do lots of ice fishing and Walleye fishing..The show is the same name as a magazine..HMmmmmm
  • fastcarsgofastfastcarsgofast Member Posts: 7,179
    edited November -1
    In Fisherman is the show, but they only do small segments. I want whole show devoted to cats.
  • MMOMEQ-55MMOMEQ-55 Member Posts: 13,134
    edited November -1
    Me too. Yea I would much rather hook a bit ole 30lb Flathead over a measly 3 lb bass any day. I wonder why ESPN never covers our catfish tournaments we have here in the Carolinas. One small cat weights more that the whole stringer full of bass.

And you want to fight a fish? Try keeping a 45lb Blue off the bottom and from wrapping the line around rocks.[:D]