In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

trout fishing lures

joshmb1982joshmb1982 Member Posts: 8,929
edited June 2010 in The Fishing Hole!
what works good for you guys? im having some decent luck with a few different rapalas. one looks like a little brown trout another like a small rainbow. both about 1.25" long. also a little yellow belly black back one about .75" long.

a buddy gave me one of these "Joes flies" that he says friends of his have great luck with. so far nothing for me though.

also having pretty good luck with the ole standby night crawlers.

so what works for you?

Comments

• Options
    wpagewpage Member Posts: 10,204 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I like bait and worms are easy!
  • Options
    ltcdotyltcdoty Member Posts: 4,169 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It depends on how you fish. Up here in the Adirondack, my brother and I troll in a Radisson canoe, using six pound test line with a leader off of a Lake Clear Wobbler spoon and a night crawler. Deadly on the trout.
  • Options
    fishkiller41fishkiller41 Member Posts: 50,608
    edited November -1
    Mepps Aglia 1 or a small "CP SWING"..
  • Options
    RobOzRobOz Member Posts: 9,523 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I like

Phoebe
    Cast Master
    Huss
    Panther Martin
    Rooster Tale
    Little Cleo
  • Options
    MMOMEQ-55MMOMEQ-55 Member Posts: 13,134
    edited November -1
    White Rooster tails work great for me.
  • Options
    joshmb1982joshmb1982 Member Posts: 8,929
    edited November -1
    went out last night to a river near my house. tried 10 different kinds of rapalas, 3 different pheobes, a few rooster tails, even went so far as tie a flie on my line with a small bobber about 2 fee up the line and tried that. lost one of my smaller rapalas and got one trout up on shore when it fell off and got back in the water. looked to small to keep anyway. that was on top of having a pole with a carolina rig set up with 2 different colors of power bait, meal worms, and night crawlers. only 1 nice hit in about 2 hours. ill be trying again hopefully tomorrow night.
  • Options
    westernMDhunterwesternMDhunter Member Posts: 2,938 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Gold Super Duper's in the ponds and lakes. Rapala's and Rooster Tails in the streams. Alot of people have luck with corn, velveeta cheese, and salmon eggs as bait around here also.
  • Options
    roswellnativeroswellnative Member Posts: 10,124 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    In atlanta on the chattahoochee Im having great success with large rapalas 5-6 plus in. Try a biggun, the trout either see it better or are territorial or something. I c-n-r about 30 form the bank a few days ago.
    Although always described as a cowboy, Roswellnative generally acts as a righter of wrongs or bodyguard of some sort, where he excels thanks to his resourcefulness and incredible gun prowesses.