In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Phoebe

dgacdgac Member Posts: 694 ✭✭✭✭
edited January 2015 in The Fishing Hole!
Probably my favorite lure. I use these spoons for all types of fish and have a good record with these. I see on the package it says 1/12 to 1/2 ounce. I ran across some of 1/2 ounce phoebes on ebay and picked some up. So long story short I down to my last few and I cant find anyone who sells these. Any suggestions?

Comments

• Options
    dcso3009dcso3009 Member Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I do find them once in a while in bait shops. Kind of random finds usually. I use the smaller ones for jigging while ice fishing.

http://www.fishusa.com/Product/ACME-Phoebe-Lures
  • Options
    dgacdgac Member Posts: 694 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks I looked around and could not find much. I use the 1/2 ounce for river kayaking. The pike love it. Plus it commands strikes from walleye and the big bass smash it. I've had great luck with the smaller gold phoebe for trout. I've had a couple 20in+ browns hit a 1/12. There is a couple spots where the fish are huge..30+ but I've never had one on the phoebe. Those guys hit big rapala brown trout lures tho!

Thanks for the lead
    dgac
  • Options
    RobOzRobOz Member Posts: 9,523 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It's my favorite trout lure. I buy mine at Walmart.