In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Do you even fish?

BeeramidBeeramid Member, Moderator Posts: 7,264 ******
edited July 2014 in The Fishing Hole!
Nobody seems to know anything about spinnerbaits, oh well.

Comments

• dcso3009dcso3009 Member Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I don't know much about them. I'm an ice guy. We have tried them on Lk. Michigan a few times with very little success on Salmon.
  • William81William81 Member Posts: 24,585 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I fish with them often. What's the question ?

I use different sizes, colors and blade configurations depending on what I am fishing for, water color, weather conditions etc.
  • BeeramidBeeramid Member, Moderator Posts: 7,264 ******
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by William81
    I fish with them often. What's the question ?

I use different sizes, colors and blade configurations depending on what I am fishing for, water color, weather conditions etc.

Basically I was asking what style of blades you prefer: Colorado or willow leaf. Willow leaf blades seem to be the fad right now, however I've always done great on Colorado style, which has gotten harder to find around here.
  • William81William81 Member Posts: 24,585 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I use both, but generally use the willow leaf ones more as I mainly bass fish. I use smaller Colorado Blades when river fishing for smallies and walleyes.
  • MMOMEQ-55MMOMEQ-55 Member Posts: 13,134
    edited November -1
    Not much of a bass fisherman. I usually go after stripers and big cats, When I do I will use the willow leaf blades and a size to match the bait. I prefer gold leaf color, just a preference. I slow retrieve over brush, stumps etc. I buzz them over beds, lilly pads.

When you get a hit you will know it. Bass seem to attack this type of bait.
  • skicatskicat Member Posts: 14,431
    edited November -1
    My favorite is the 3/8 or 1/2 oz titanium Terminator with gold colored leaf blades and a perch colored skirt. It is deadly on northern,smallmouth, and even walleye up in Voyageurs National Park. The water is stained brown and the gold color seems to reflect the best.
  • kumatekumate Member Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    find some of the old sheister serrated willow in lines, them suckers work on any fish