In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Trout Season Opens Today!

NeoBlackdogNeoBlackdog Member Posts: 16,653 ✭✭✭✭
edited May 2011 in The Fishing Hole!
Our city owns a small lake a couple miles out of town and there is a fishing derby for the little kids every opener. I'm gonna head up this morning and help a buddy of mine wrangle his two kids and see if we can rig 'em up to win a prize!

Comments

• Options
    wpagewpage Member Posts: 10,204 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Neo,
    Good luck to you and your crew! Please
    Post some pics of the kids.
    Thanks!
  • Options
    NeoBlackdogNeoBlackdog Member Posts: 16,653 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Well, we didn't get any pics of the kids 'cause none of the responsible adults could remember to throw in a camera![:I]
    We did, however, have a great time. The two little kids, (11yo girl and 7yo boy) got to use their brand new fishing poles that Uncle Steve & Aunt Kris (me the Mrs.) got 'em for Christmas. They each caught three trout that ran 12-14 inches. Nothing big enough for them to win a prize, but they did have a great time. My wife, the fish whisperer, landed 11, also 12-14 inches. I'm not sure how she does it, but 99 times out of 100, she'll outfish everybody in sight!
  • Options
    wpagewpage Member Posts: 10,204 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Nice going Neo...

Can you rent out your wife's luck. Got a offshore trip planned and need all the lady luck available!

Congrats on the fish. Great training for the kids.
  • Options
    surjo666surjo666 Member Posts: 12 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    That's too bad.. I can bet that the pics would have been great... And best wishes to your wife.